Full video walkthrough of SciFly 2! (alpha build)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jshmrsn, Jul 15, 2009.

1. jshmrsn

jshmrsn Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Mobile Game Developer
    Agoura Hills, CA
    #1 jshmrsn, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  2. Tavoss

Tavoss Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    looks awesome!!! I'm gonna go pick up the original now lol!

A few questions... multiplayer and customization.

Multiplayer over wifi ( not local) seems to be the new buzzword on the iPhone, are their plans to implement it? And following that up, will theeir be ship cuztomization other than color... for example, modular planes (pick from different styled wings, tail, missile pods, nose, cockpits etc etc...) that would be really cool for MP! (also, now following you on twitter)

3. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

so uhm... :)D) niiiiiiice! [​IMG].
    Did you change the cross hair back to the old one or are those screenshots abit older or have you made a setting to change the cross hair? :p

4. jshmrsn

Oct 29, 2008
    Mobile Game Developer
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Thanks for the follow! I also updated my personal account about SciFly 2 stuff all the time, it's @jshmrsn

While I don't have actual plans to implement multiplayer yet, I seriously want to... It probably wont be initial release, but I'll try to either add it in as an update or something. The problem, to do multiplayer well, I need servers. And servers cost a lot of $$$

About the customization. Yes! Definitely. It's not just colors. While you can't customize wings, you can customize the weapons, thrusters, shields and other stuff.

@Der-Kleine
    So, the video was taken at WWDC (which was a month ago). The screenshots are actually from the other thread :p
    Still haven't decided about the crosshairs.

5. Der-Kleine

Well then just make an option to switch between the crosshairs (= more customization! = happier customers! :))
    Althow I think that that round crosshair needs to be improved abit.

6. Der-Kleine

Oh and with multiplayer... you could first make bluetooth and local multiplayer. There you wouldn't need to buy servers!

7. Tavoss

Tavoss Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Shame about the multiplayer, but i understand all the extra stuff that would need to happen for that. Quality single player works just as well for me! Awesome about the customization, EXACTLY what i wanted to hear!!!

8. jshmrsn

Oct 29, 2008
    Mobile Game Developer
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Yeah, that would be interesting. With games like FAST and iMech, though, it's not a super competitive feature :p
    Perhaps as an update, but I wont be able to focus on that till post-release.

Here are a few more screenshots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    pew pew pew

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(current version of the cross hair shown in last screen)

9. Der-Kleine

The new crosshair is quite good, but could you move the health and boost bars closer to the middle?

10. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    I missed this thread before but I just watched that video and like I've said before, this is looking like a really good game. I really like the way that when you equip weapons you actually see them added to your ship; visual customisation is always good in a game.

I really like this cross hair but I agree with Der-Kleine that the health and boost bars should be closer together kind of like this:

[​IMG]

I think Bluetooth and Local WiFi multiplayer will be a great addition to this game since I'll be convincing all my friends to buy it. :)

Also Der-Kleine does your name mean The-Small? Blame Babel Fish if I'm wrong.

11. Der-Kleine

#11 Der-Kleine, Jul 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
    Well no, not quite as close together, maybe a few milimeters further apart. ;)
    Edit:Or maybe yes, leave it... but then the bars would have to be smaller!

And yes, Der-Kleine actually does mean something like The-Small (And no that doesen't mean that I'm a small person), but it sounds better in german! :p

12. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

Looks great! im sold

13. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    More like this?

[​IMG]

14. Der-Kleine

Yes! That's better! :)

15. Tavoss

Tavoss Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    agreed. I like them closer as well, I would also make them slightly transparent.

16. Der-Kleine

good idea!

but not too transparent, only abit!

17. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    What are the red thingys over those islands?

18. jshmrsn

Oct 29, 2008
    Mobile Game Developer
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Thanks for the feedback on multiplayer and the crosshairs. And, thanks for all the kind comments :)

Still working on the graphics for them, but they are shields that prevent you from attacking those islands. In order to remove those shields, you have to capture a neighboring island.