I just made my latest and greatest iPhone game FREE temporarily!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by CrazyCrazyCrazy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. CrazyCrazyCrazy

CrazyCrazyCrazy Active Member

Jun 8, 2011
    #1 CrazyCrazyCrazy, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
    Hey All,

Zombie Turtle Defense is my latest and greatest iPhone game. I'm putting a lot of work into adding to the game after release and I have temporarily made the game free to celebrate the upcoming release of the first major update!!

The 2.0 update will include 5 more levels, tighter controls, more zombie turtles, and more fun! The game will return to $0.99 upon release of the update.

ZTD is being received pretty well so far...

"Zombie Turtle Defense is a fun little action jaunt, which -- rather pleasingly -- requires more skill than you than you'd initially expect. This challenging level of difficulty and engaging style of play complement the simple yet pretty graphics perfectly, making ZTD just as good for longer stints as it is short sharp burst of play." - Simon Potticary, TouchArcade Forums

Game Description:

The zombie turtle apocalypse has begun and the fate of all turtle-kind rests in your green, leathery claws!

Zombie Turtle Defense is a fast and fun dual-stick survival/shooter game with three unique game modes: Kill the Zombie Turtles, Collect the Turtle Food, and Survival.

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zombie-turtle-defense/id441444848?mt=8

Let me know what you think... If decide to download the game: an app store review would be a huge help.

Thanks a lot!
    Clay

2. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    made with Gamesalad? No, thanks!

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    It's actually a reasonable, if limited, dual stick shooter; worth a free download. Thanks to developers for making it free. I enjoyed the edition I got with a promo code, still on my device.

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Hey, there are a bunch of great games made with GameSalad. If you know how to make a good game it'll come across regardless of what you used. The only real (and constant) problem is GS still sucks for load times.

5. ak47killa

ak47killa Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    I have tried several GS games. I stay away if I can but sometimes you don't know until you start the game. There has not been a decent game yet and now I just delete automaticly. Idk why devs would even think about using GS with there track record.

6. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    This! My nerves burst during the loading times :mad: so I have nearly no games made with GS.
    Two big exceptions: Aeropack from Insurgent Games and Danger Cats!

7. CrazyCrazyCrazy

CrazyCrazyCrazy Active Member

Jun 8, 2011
    #7 CrazyCrazyCrazy, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
    You may find that ZTD is one of those exceptions, foxmulderino. I am aware of the slightly-longer-than-average load times, and am currently working on porting the game to Corona SDK to fix this and make the game playable on older devices.

That said, here's what another Gamesalad skeptic said about Zombie Turtle Defense: "I normally loathe GameSalad apps, but I really like the 'retreat to the water' concept in this one. 5 stars headed your way." - fal4, Reddit.com

Another comment about the game (it's more difficult than you'd think!): "Zombie Turtle Defense is a fun little action jaunt, which -- rather pleasingly -- requires more skill than you than you'd initially expect. This challenging level of difficulty and engaging style of play complement the simple yet pretty graphics perfectly, making ZTD just as good for longer stints as it is short sharp burst of play." - Simon Potticary, TouchArcade Forums

Give the game a try... It's free for the next couple of days!

- Clay

8. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    will try :)

thanks for the heads up!

9. dodolook

dodolook Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    what's wrong with Gamesalad? seems it's quite famous for craps? the trailer looks a little stale, maybe will check if it is:eek:

10. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Pretty good game

Only two minor annoyances:

Sometimes the left virtual stick will get stuck in the wrong direction.

I wish the turtles I was destroying died in a more satisfying way. They just sorta disappear.