Which N64 Game do you want on iOS?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jdragoon19, May 13, 2011.

1. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    #1 Jdragoon19, May 13, 2011
    Last edited: May 13, 2011
    What Nintendo 64 game(s) would you want to see come to iOS? Would you even want some N64 games come to iOS? Why or why not? I would personally love some games coming from the Nintendo 64 to iOS.

Heres the games I want to see:

-Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    -Super Mario Bros.
    -Star Fox 64
    -Super Mario 64
    -Mario Kart 64
    -Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask(?)
    -GoldenEye 007

These are not in particular order btw.

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    SSB Brawwwwwlllll.

3. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    super mario 64 times a thousand.
    mario kart 64 times 500
    mario party(s) times 100
    diddy kong racing times 10

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Something like Smash Bros could work. We're obviously talking clones here because Nintendo isn't going to start developing for iOS in the near future. Ocarina of Time has too many buttons (and why choose iOS when you can have it in 3D?!) and Goldeneye's target times would be utterly impossible on an iPhone screen.

A lot of Nintendo's games really feel much better suited to button controllers, but Smash Bros is quite a simple setup and I can imagine Star Fox 64 (Lylat Wars, bro!) working pretty well too.

5. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Definitely Super Mario 64, loved that game!

6. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Yeah, I remember getting a few hundred hours of gameplay (exaggeration: more like a 100 total) out of it, and still not beating it. The content was incredible, and there were a lot of hidden unlockables. My favorite mario game ever.

7. isaacredfield001

isaacredfield001 New Member

May 13, 2011
    Beetle Adventure Racing :p

8. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    Star wars episode 1 pod racer
    And ofcours Perfect Dark

9. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Rayman 2 without massive camera and control issues? :)

10. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Sorry but Nintendo is doing games on 3DS and Wii 2 now, and isn't going to be interested in iOS unless Apple buys Nintendo. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

That said, you've got options. They aren't exactly the same, but these games are all good and you could buy them all for about half the price of Zelda 3DS, which will be $40 when it comes out in June.

-Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    (Sacred Odyssey)

-Super Mario Bros.
    (Great Giana Sisters)

-Star Fox 64
    (Star Battalion)

-Super Mario 64
    (Rayman 2)

-Mario Kart 64
    (Shrek Kart)

-Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask(?)
    (Ravensword)

-GoldenEye 007
    (Splinter Cell Conviction)

11. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    BTW Gameloft's Asphalt games are as close as we're going to get to a remake of the fine San Francisco Rush series.

12. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    Gauntlet Legends

13. jmelrose

jmelrose Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Teach
    Central FL
    Blast Corp and Beetle Adventure Racing

14. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    actually splinter cell isnt NEARLY as good as an experience as goldeneye 007, shrek kart sux (no offense to others who like it) compared to mario kart 64, and ravensword to majoras mask... i laugh at tht comparison! but star battalion is a pretty close clone to starfox 64 actually but no boss battles (even tho the coop is a good feature in star battalion) and rayman 2 was ok... didnt have tht much fun w/ it sadly :(

15. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    It's silly to discuss the notion of first-party Nintendo games coming to iOS. You might as well talk about Killzone or Halo coming to iDevices. It's dumb. I've been around the gaming scene since the days of Atari and I can offically say that I do not like, nor have I ever, liked Nintendo. I went from Sega to Sony to Microsoft. I've owned basically every Nintendo system, but I just can't get into it. I understand that it appeals to some people, but I'm sure those people understand that Nintendo would, of course, never support iDevice gaming.

16. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    No need to be harsh now. The point of this thread is to have an imagination and imagine what a great nintendo game would be like for the idevices.

17. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    The problem with discussing games from Nintendo systems is that most of the good ones are from Nintendo themselves (or their subsidiaries), meaning no luck for us :(. But I guess if the point of this thread is to discuss wishful thinking, then I think I'd most like to see SSB or a good clone, with online play, of course.

18. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    UM CRUSIN USA MOFOS!!! how could you forget tht?

19. bluecomb84

bluecomb84 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Debt Collector
    Long Island, NY
    Mario Party without a doubt. All those minigames would be killer on the iPhone.

20. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    There weren't very many unlockables at all... you get 120 stars, go to the roof and you're done. It took me a month to 100% when I first got it back in 1997 and under 24 hours when I purchased it on Virtual Console :)

Dude, what the hell are you doing? Are you pleasuring yourself under the desk as you waltz around the forum trying to belittle people and make yourself look intelligent? No one here even said Nintendo games coming to iOS was a possibility, but does that mean they can't have the conversation? No it doesn't.

If you've been around the gaming scene since Atari and still have some pathetic grudge against Nintendo, that means nothing other than you've missed out on some classic quality gaming. Nothing to be proud of about that and I'm not quite sure you brought it up in the first place. Go tell your parents about it, they're probably more interested than we are.