1. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

CassieTheChaoticCupcake Well-Known Member

It's time for Christmas, and there are these wonderful price cuts on games. My problem? I'm stuck at my aunt's house for the holidays, might I mention, where wifi doesn't exist for a good 30 mile radius. I want to catch some of the deals, at least, and spend some of the iTunes credit I recently acquired, so I'm looking to buy a few games under the 20 MB limit. What would you guys suggest I purchase?
    As a helpful hint: I didn't much care for anything in the EA sale or most of those on the "TA best of 2010 list". Any other suggestions would be great!

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Try Solipskier or Monster Dash. Those are great endless runners.:)

3. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    What are your top 10 favorites? Then after I get an idea of what types of games you like, I can name a few :)

4. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Under 20mb, and not on EA's or TA's list? :confused:

Maybe Train Conductor? Lol. It's a fun game.

5. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Why don't you just use iTunes?

6. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    I do agree with Touchgamer3g, give us a top 10/20 of games you really enjoyed, not necessarily the best but just the first 10/20 you think of and enjoyed.

Anyway here a few suggestion, not in (disappointing) TA 2010 "buyers guides":
    • Shadow Runner (3.4Mb)
    • Touch Racing Nitro - Ghost Challenge! (19.5Mb)
    • Virtual Table Tennis (9.3Mb)
    • R Type (11.1Mb)
    • Melon Golf (5.4Mb)
    • IceCube Adventures (19.1Mb, only if you like games with very difficult parts)
    • Spooky Spirits (16.2Mb)
    • Doodle Sky Pro (19.7Mb)
    • Three Kingdoms TD - Legend of Shu (11.9Mb)
    • Monster Feed (14.7Mb)
    • Creeps! Zero (18.6Mb, Free but add supported)
    • Stoneship (16.7Mb)
    Well if you can't find something that appeal you in this list I could search for more. I tried be picky in selecting them but take care that some won't please to anybody but all a very worthy and very fun if you enter in their gameplay.

7. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

Nice to see you posting again. :)
    A few that I currently enjoy are listed below:

Final Fantasy (only because it's FF; all other turn-based RPGs usually annoy me)
    TimeGeeks
    Hector: Badge of Carnage (It's odd, crude, and funny. I love it)
    TTR 4
    Labyrinth 2
    Speed Forge Extreme
    Real Racing
    Words With Friends
    Bust-A-Move

I'm confined to my iPhone. Even if I could get on iTunes successfully, I obviously can't make up my own mind. Hence, the birth of this thread.

8. Touchgamer3g

Oct 18, 2009
    Shift/Shift 2
    I Dig It
    Tiki Totems 2
    I Love Strawberries
    Zenonia/Zenonia 2
    Running Wild
    Bumps
    Hook Champ
    Ynth
    Queen's Crown
    Pix'n Love Rush
    Illusia
    Toy Physics
    Earth vs Moon
    Tumble Jumble

I'm sure you are bound to find a few games you like out of this bunch- Have fun!

9. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    It's a limit for people who have AT&T internet on their devices. And he said he's stuck at his aunt's house.

10. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Oh, good thread actually and my suggestions are: stardunk, scrabble, iblast moki, superfall, trainyard, arachnadoodle, retro rev, racer, dizzypad, ovenbreak. I'll think of more later and definitely jet car stunts if you don't have.

11. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Woo that let me clueless. :D Good you quote Hector, it remind me add it in my wish list.

Perhaps you could try Touch Racing for Race and speed feeling but it's not first person point of view.

For weird/special adventure games I won't even search I don't think there is any bellow 20Mb. Only some port of very old one, but with a special touch I don't see. Same problem for Hidden Objects.

For Bust-A-Move, perhaps you can try Storm Attack (16.7Mb), not sure Spooky Spirits will match.

For Labyrinth 2, perhaps Aerox but it is a little over the 20Mb, or Graviton (8.3Mb)?

12. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

Exactly right. I hate the download cap but I suppose it serves a purpose. I'd also like to add that I'm female. ;P We're not that hard to come by on gaming sites are we?

13. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Wooo couldn't you quote that before? I wouldn't have lost my time try suggest some games for true boys. :D

14. Touchgamer3g

Oct 18, 2009
    Sadly we are! Besides myself, I only know of a few other active female members on TA.

15. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Well I suppose be in minority explain all but I wonder what would be the reaction if I add in one of my post:

:rolleyes:

Ha well being in the huge majority probably give me the wrong point of view. :)

16. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Seriously, his aunt doesn't have a computer + (internet)? He could just bring his iPod cable right? I keep forgetting that you can't tether the iPhone on AT&T but that could have been an option if he's not in the US.

17. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

Pfft, I game better than the boys, so suggest whatever you like. :) Currently the "masculine" games on my iPhone consist of Call of Duty: Zombies, Assassin's Creed II, Dungeon Hunter, Archetype, Ravensword, Grand Theft Auto: CTW, Driver... I could go on. :p I think the girliest thing I have is Zen Bound lol. I'm a hardcore gamer. Don't underestimate the females! ;D I'm proud of my 3.6 k/d. Though, I thought my username would have given away my gender...

Oh noooo. :( We must start recruiting!

18. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

Only reason I emphasized is because people kept referring to me as "he" (see below).

My aunt is 80-something. She can barely work her TV... And we DO have the option of tethering in the US. I'm just not paying for it when I can do almost anything on my iPhone that I need to do on my laptop.

19. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Hey Cassie how much you think dead space will be when it comes out and when do you think it's coming?

20. bootant

bootant Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Junior Designer, Senior Coder, CTO, CEO, Chairman