The May 2017 RPG Reload Play-Along: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Shaun Musgrave, May 4, 2017.

1. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Hello, gentle readers, and welcome to the RPG Reload Play-Along. Each month, we'll be playing an iOS RPG together, sharing laughs and tears in equal measures. The post on the front page is basically there to announce the game in question and give a few tips on getting started. The real action will be happening here in the TouchArcade forums, where you'll find a thread dedicated to each month's featured game. Sign up if you haven't already, post your screenshots, ask for advice, or just chat about your misadventures with others. We've got a great community of RPG fans here at TouchArcade, so let's make the most of it! As a little incentive, at the end of each month, I will randomly pick one of the participants and send them something small and silly from here in Japan. All you have to do to be eligible is, well, play along with the Play-Along!

Although April was intended to be a breather month with a shorter game, QuestLord proved to be a tough challenge for many of our Reloaders in its closing sections. Still, a handful of challengers persevered and saw their way through to the end. Congratulations to all who finished, and a big thanks to all who participated in any capacity! April's winner of a Small and Silly Prize has been pulled from the capricious Magic Moogle Hat after giving it a good shake. This month's winner is none other than falcon815! I'll be in touch soon through the forums to get your mailing address, falcon815. To everyone else, a new month brings another chance to win a Small and Silly Thing from Japan!

Forum regulars probably figured this one out already, but when I saw the date this month's first RPG Reload would fall on, I simply couldn't resist. Get ready to dust off your lightsabers and make sure you're all stocked up on power converters, because the May RPG Reload Play-Along is none other than Aspyr Media's port of Bioware's masterpiece, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic! This is a terrific game with lots of possibilities for Reloaders to go in different directions, which should make for some fun stories. Pick up the game if you don't already have it (it's half-price at the moment) and say hello. As ever, you don't need to finish the game to qualify for the Small Silly Thing draw, but I would appreciate at least one screenshot posted of your adventures.

2. Gippiboss

Gippiboss Member

Aug 18, 2014
    Great Game.
    I am in :)

3. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Yay! I'm in too! May the Fourth be with you!

4. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    Sweet, I haven't played KOTOR since I had it on Xbox back around 2004. Bought it on iOS in one of those "well, it's $3, how can I not?" phases, but I never got around to it in the last couple of years. I'll be sure to be in on this! I just might have to finish up or pause Trails of Cold Steel first. (I'm near the end of a chapter, which might be a good break.)

Also, I will be happy to receive a Silly Thing. :)

5. Krötenbändiger

Krötenbändiger Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 6, 2017
    I am allergic to everything Star Wars. Maybe next month then.

Have fun! Get the Silly Thing!

6. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    My Switch is taking a lot of my game time but I'm going to give it a shot too. Is anyone going to roll their character?

7. Dr.Traveler

Dr.Traveler Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Glad to see KotoR getting it's day. I've played through it recently so I'll pass as I'm still working through the Final Fantasy series.

For those that haven't played it before, you're in for a treat. If you have, I hope you take a different path through this time. This is a game that so often has both a brute force and a clever way through any challenge you face.

8. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Seems like since this started I've been busier and busier
    A whole month of May with gigs a plenty will be tough but I'm gonna break this one back out and give it a spin
    I really love this game and there are some parts that seem to trip me up so maybe I can get some feedback here when I get to them. It's may the 4th after all so what better time to play it.

9. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I'm following RHess's suggestion and rolling my character. Got a six, so female scoundrel here I come. Not sure if that's any good for a first-time player, but nevermind. I'll post a pic soon to introduce you all.

10. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I rolled a three so male soldier for me. My first time through on the Xbox was with a female scoundrel and it worked out well.

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #11 Exact-Psience, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 5, 2017
    Alright im in... never really followed any of the play-alongs, but KOTOR, that i will play from scratch... again.

12. borb86

borb86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    So pumped for this! Will roll a new character tonight. Never got off the second planet last time I played.

13. dancingcrane

dancingcrane Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2016
    I am in for my very first Play-Along!

14. link1138

link1138 New Member

Apr 24, 2014
    First play along here too! May the Fourth Be with you all :)

15. abbad0n

abbad0n Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Bought this a good long while ago, but due to RL intruding I forgot I had it… until now!

Thanks for bringing this months reload. Going to cut loose this weekend.

16. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I'm in! Haven't ever finished this one all the way through yet. Excited to see the end and to finally be playing this with my SteelSeries mfi #

17. borb86

borb86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Rolled a male scout using my Star Wars name which is apparently:
    First name: First three letters of real last name combined with first two letters of first name.
    Last name: first two letters of moms maiden name combined with first three letters of town you grew up in.

May the Force be with Nicbo Dubar.

18. Sugarbear Montclair

Oct 4, 2016
    Great one. ... hey is it possible to beat the game using ONLY blasters?!

19. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Another great play along choice! Hope I can dig in a little more this month.

20. AppWhore

AppWhore Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Think I'll join this one and test it with a controller. Soldier > Consular > Dark side this time me thinks