iPad The Creeps

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Mr. Crazy, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Hi Frosty! On the one hand, Agon didn't have a limit on number of scoreboards like Game Center does... but back then I also had a separate scoreboard per level for easy, normal and hard. If I wanted to do that today there would be: 168 levels*3(easy, normal hard) = 504 leaderboards!! Plus high endurance wave for endurance levels, high overall score and gold stars earned... Nobody will ever look at that many!

An overall high score doesn't make that much sense because a great score on a new level isn't always higher than a great score on an old level. It might just be that level 5 in the classic levels is the highest scoring level ever because it has more enemies or better weapons available or whatever... so nobody playing level packs can ever beat it. So I decided to go in the middle and have scoreboards per mode, per level pack. Classic levels, bonus levels and each level pack have separate scoreboards for survival, endurance and doorbuster.

Another way you can see if you are ahead of everyone is to check the gold stars leaderboard. It shows the total gold stars you've earned across all levels (including bonus levels and level packs!).

Anyway, I hope people enjoy the 4th of July levels. They range from easy to very hard and have special new explosions. I also hope Apple approves it before the actual holiday! It's been done for a while now, it's just at Apple's mercy now...

2. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Still have plans on bringing this to OSX? Any timeline?

3. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

Well...

4. smes3817

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Woops, somehow missed that. I thought I remembered reading otherwise. Thanks :)

5. Heh, beat me to it. Sorry, still no plans to port to other platforms.

In other news:

The 4th of July update has *just* been approved and should show up in the App Store within the next couple of hours!!

6. Half price sale

** SALE ALERT**

The Creeps! 4th of July update is now live for both the classic and holiday edition. To celebrate, both are HALF PRICE for a limited time!!

7. pingithefrosty

May 10, 2009
    pronlem

Neither original nor holiday edition is working on my ipod touch 4g ios 4.3.3 It quit when I start the new levels and it also does not have survival mode to choose. Thanks for your answer.

8. Hi frosty, I've heard some people are having trouble with the new levels. I think I have an idea what might be causing it, but I haven't been able to reproduce it on any of my test devices yet. While I try to figure it out and make an update to fix it, please try closing the game, then close all the apps in the background (including the creeps!) using the task manager (double tap home, tap and hold an app until it wiggles, use the minus to close it).

Also, there are only survival levels in the free 4th of July level pack (No endurance or doorbuster).

9. 1.8.1 fixes the crash some people are getting when loading the new 4th if July levels. Just waiting for Apple approval now!

10. snoppscar

snoppscar Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Will more level packs get added for the HD version? :)

11. pingithefrosty

May 10, 2009
    update

The updated version lets me enter but it crashes often:S The help section is also strange cuz I can only see tier 1 monsters.
    Thanks for your answer.
    ps: my name is pingi not frosty:D

12. smes3817

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    I think I found a bug in the second Valentine's Day level '500 Miles'. There is a pair of destructible lips just about the kid's bed that cannot be selected to destroy because it is slightly under the top menu. Without destroying it I cannot get perfect for that level. Everything else has been destroyed and no creeps have gotten through...

13. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    #413 mlkaufman, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
    You can get it by destroying the rose below it with the cupid bow and arrow. Splash damage will take out the lips.

14. smes3817

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Well look at you, Mr. Thinking Outside The Box haha ;)

I need to start doing that more... Thanks for the help!

15. AlfaPro

AlfaPro New Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Hey guys
    I've got free The Creeps! app and really enjoyed game so far.
    And I'd like to support dev and get packs,'problem' is,I can't decide,should I get those 2x 1,99 $ apps,or instead get couple of those #1 - #9 packs?
    Through time I'd like to get all maps/collect all p. stars on hard :D,so what should I buy?

Thanks on advance!

16. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Hey,
    Just buy any of them in any order. They are all great IMO

17. AlfaPro

AlfaPro New Member

Jul 19, 2011
    #417 AlfaPro, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011

I've got one more question.
    I saw that 1,99 $ The Creeps app features 60 achievements (creeps zero doesnt have that,and thats the app i am playing at the mean)so ,if I get that app,will my results from The Creeps zero be updated with the creeps! app,cause,I'd like to have all packs in one place or should I just continue buying packs in the Creeps zero app?
    Hope you could understand what I meant :D

P.S. Is there any way to get acces to achievements,without starting all over,cause I got over 50 p stars atm.

18. mikeyboy83

mikeyboy83 New Member

Aug 1, 2011
    sorry to bother you kind gentlemen, but has anybody got any tips for the level "whats the hurry" inside voltage doorbusters

ive got all achievements on every level apart from this one on hard

i cant seem to destroy all obsticles in enough time before i get over-run/over powered by bosses after level 20

any help appreciated

19. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    If the get the regular creeps app with the achievements etc you will have to start over again on the 'new' app. I've never had or played the Creeps Zero so not 100% sure. I just play the regular Creeps app and buy the IAP from that app.

20. Stinaxsays

Stinaxsays New Member

Aug 9, 2011
    St Patricks Day

I need help on the Crash the Castle level in the St Patricks. I can not defeat this level. I did once but forgot what I have done. -_- please help!! Thank youuu!