Match-3 RPG Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by retr0spective, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    So it's not match 3 nor quite an RPG as such but it really is worth a mention for those that haven't tried - Terra Battle. First match 3 'kind of game' to actually grab me. (Never was my cup of tea).

Match 3 because you need to place one of your heroes on either side of an enemy tile...making it 3 in a row. That's my excuse for terming it almost match 3

2. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    Wow! Great List, most of which I have never heard of. Thanks for sharing. I will look into adding these.

3. retr0spective

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    What did you have in mind Nekku? I was laboring under the assumption that Dungeon Raid holds this title

4. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Puzzle & Dragons! :D

5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #25 Vovin, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014

I noticed.
    But I thought there's a reason that it has been not mentioned.

6. retr0spective

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    Cool. The only reason I haven't mentioned it is because I haven't played it. I will definitely check it out.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Uh... How is that the king of match-3? As for RPG hybrids, im pretty sure Puzzle Quest 1 is one of the first, and still one of the best til now.

8. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

I knew someone would say this for me. You never disappoint. Even the "Puzzle Quest" remark is exactly my opinion.

9. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #29 Nekku, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
    Oh well, the smile after "king" was there for a reason. >.<
    Sure, it's not for everyones taste but it's darn good imo. At least, it's nothing like all these casual match3 games. You just will get stuck on a certain point if you don't take it serious and actually "play the game" as well as joining the awesome community around this game. There is just more behind it than a simple match3 game. I guess kind of the same thing just started with Terra Battle.
    But okay, to each his own. I just think it belongs on the list.

10. retr0spective

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    I just gave the list a little facelift. Please feel free to suggest your favorites.

11. Kalaxx

Kalaxx Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Andromeda
    I have found a few in Australian store ;
    1. Heroes and Puzzles
    2. Legendary
    3. Maze of the Kings

I love the gameplay of Legendary but it's too harsh on device. Burns the device and drains battery pretty quick. :(

12. Le0ben

Le0ben Active Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Hello guys, I'm one of the community manager of Celsius Online and I just wanted to let you know that Celsius Heroes, our latest game, which is available on iOS, Android and Facebook is a mix of old-school western RPG and Match-3 mechanics for the battles. So if you'd like to test it out, I'd love to hear what you think of it. :)

Here are the info about the game on TouchArcade:
    http://www.slidedb.com/games/celsius-heroes
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=287581&highlight=celsius+heroes