Agents! - multiplatform multiplayer Spy-vs-Spy fun by Chillingo/Clickgamer(due 25/11)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by FancyFactory, Feb 17, 2010.

1. FancyFactory

FancyFactory Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2009
    software development
    Germany
    #1 FancyFactory, Feb 17, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
    ** last update: 23.11.2010 **

First of all - no...this is not another dualstick shooter and there are no zombies involved. Sorry. ;)
    In fact Agents! is no shooter at all but will nevertheless provide enough action.
    So what's this game about? In my course of resampling lost classics (dont miss the Lemming's like Age of Tribes) I thought it would be a nice idea in doing a game similar to Spy-vs-Spy...which I really liked back in the 80's/90's. Are you old enough to remember this classic? No? Then please checkout this site.

The basic concept behind Agents! is to search the rooms of a building for some secret documents. Of course you are not alone. Another Agent (from the other...the bad side ;)) is looking for the documents as well. In Agents! the opponent will be a NPC (single player mode) or another player (multipayer). When encountering the other guy its up to you: run or fight. Several weapons (with limited ammo you have to find first) will make this task good fun.

Thanks to Crystal the game will contain leaderboards, achiements and even challenges.

As if this wasn't enough - Agents! comes with a complete 1 vs 1 multiplayer mode using WLAN! A OSX port of Agents! - available in the new Mac appStore - will allow multiplatform multiplayer. Fight against your friends on Mac and/or iPhone/iPad!

Oh, and did I mentioned that Agents! is an universal app with native support for ALL devices and ALL resolutions? ;)

This thread is for keeping you informed about the progress of development. I will update this post with new art and the latest screenshots from time to time. (click into an image for HD resolution)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mathieu914

Mathieu914 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Student
    Canada, Québec
    Looks nice!

3. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    I loved Spy vs Spy back in the day and played all three episodes, so i will keep an eye on your game.

4. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    wow this game looks really good

5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

LOL... Spy vs Spy was the first to come in my mind, too... ;)

6. GFargo

GFargo Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Student
    Vermont
    Looks great! i always enjoyed Spy V.S Spy Humor. If your in need of beta Testers just let me know, always willing to help.

7. FancyFactory

Sep 9, 2009
    software development
    Germany
    Thought I share from time to time some progress updates with you. Currenty I'm working on the GUI - I want a very clean and intuitive HUD. Less is more.
    The minimap is included too (remember: this will be multiplayer fun). What do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Beside of that my 2D artist is working on several graphics (like the player portraits) and a unique soundtrack is in the works as well.

Cheers, Axel

8. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    @FancyFactory
    You have my attenshun for this game!

The best part is.... all the weapons are just a touch away :)

9. FancyFactory

Sep 9, 2009
    software development
    Germany
    Yes, but you have to find the ammo first for the "funny" weapons. :)

10. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    will having the pause button in the lower right of the screen make it too easy to hit accidentally?

11. FancyFactory

Sep 9, 2009
    software development
    Germany
    I studied several other games with a similar control and took the "most common way" as an orientation. But you are right, this can happen. Any other idea? Maybe I can combine it with the popup weapon selection menu? Or a double tap is needed for activating the pause/back-to-menu mode?

Axel

12. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    How about ze top left or right Axel?
    Double tap or 2 / 3 finga swipe is also good :cool:

13. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I just noticed this game, and I'm definetly interested. Seems like it'll be a ton of fun with the type of game you're going for. I can't wait for this one.

14. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Din like the Idea? :confused:

15. FancyFactory

Sep 9, 2009
    software development
    Germany
    I like it - but nevertheless I choosed an other way. As the "pause" button is not importand at all it will be hidden when playing "normally" and will be shown only when opening the weapon menu. So you can never accidentally touch it and the entire GUI consists of only a single button (weapon selection). In the normal playmode the games minimap is shown in he bottom right corner, when choosing another weapons the map will be hidden and the pause button will be shown. Looks like this now:

[​IMG]

16. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    how does it look with the weapons menu poppd?

17. FancyFactory

Sep 9, 2009
    software development
    Germany
    [​IMG]

18. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Thx!
    Is this a fast paced game or stealth?

19. FancyFactory

Sep 9, 2009
    software development
    Germany
    Something between. You can try to avoid the confrontation with your opponent or - more fun ;) - you can use the weapons to blow him away. If you never played the classic Spy vs Spy: its some kind of "capture the flag" gameplay within a maze of rooms. Agents! is definitely no shooter like Minigore or Guerilla Bob.

20. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Oh... Noice!