Linkin Park Rocking New iPhone Games - Fall 2009

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jchampl, Apr 23, 2009.

1. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

Linkin Park, Warner Bros. Records and Artificial Life Sign License Deal to Bring Linkin Park Games to the iPhone

Artificial Life, Inc., today announced a three-year agreement with multi-platinum two-time Grammy-winning rock band Linkin Park and Warner Bros. Records to produce a series of official applications for the iPhone and iPod touch platform. The company plans to release two interactive applications per year, featuring the band’s likeness and music in unconventional styles; the first launch is tentatively scheduled for the fourth quarter of 2009 pending approval.

One of the most successful rock bands to emerge this decade, Linkin Park has amassed more than 45 million worldwide sales, a remarkable string of chart-topping hit singles, a pair of Grammy wins, and an international fanbase whose members number in the millions. The band (vocalists Chester Bennington and Mike Shinoda, drummer Rob Bourdon, guitarist Brad Delson, DJ Joe Hahn and bassist Dave "Phoenix" Farrell) is currently working on the follow-up to blockbuster hit MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT (Machine Shop Recordings/Warner Bros. Records), which sold more than 6 million copies internationally.

Linkin Park is also gearing up for an international tour that will see them headlining stadiums and festivals in Austria, Germany, Istanbul, Finland, Russia, Japan, China, Taipei and the UK, solidifying their status as one of the world’s biggest concert attractions. The band recently made history overseas as the first-ever international rock group to perform at a stadium in China, playing to a sold-out crowd at the prestigious Shanghai Hongkou Stadium. That show followed a string of sold-out European, Asian and Australian dates along with a sold-out summer U.S. tour. Over the course of the past year and a half, Linkin Park has played live to almost two million people around the world, topping an elite shortlist of rock bands capable of filling stadiums planet-wide.

“We want to offer our fans every opportunity to enjoy our music,” says Linkin Park’s Joe Hahn, who helped design the initial game. “We’re excited to be working with Artificial Life to develop a new and unique way for them to experience Linkin Park.”

Warner Bros. Records is one of the most successful recording companies in music history and home to some of the most influential and innovative artists of our time. Its reputation and extraordinary roster of new and established recording artists is unparalleled, and its collective influence on pop culture is without precedent.

Warner Bros. Records was founded 50 years ago by Jack Warner, the last of the original pioneering Warner brothers, as an offshoot of Warner Bros. Studios, which, thirty-two years earlier, had introduced its Vitaphone sound-on-disc system for feature films. The acquisition of Frank Sinatra's Reprise label in 1963 catapulted the company into one of the most dynamic organizations in popular music and throughout the next five decades built a family of labels that today represent a full spectrum of musical genres.

With a visionary approach toward discovering and nurturing musical talent, the Warner Bros. family of labels is currently home to an impressive generation of major artists. The roster includes Avenged Sevenfold, The Black Keys, Michael Buble, Cher, Eric Clapton, Disturbed, Emmylou Harris, Enya, The Flaming Lips, Fleetwood Mac, Goo Goo Dolls, Green Day, Josh Groban, Faith Hill, Linkin Park, The Raconteurs, Robert Randolph, Red Hot Chili Peppers, R.E.M., Damien Rice, Rilo Kiley, Seal, Blake Shelton, Taking Back Sunday, Ashley Tisdale, The White Stripes and many others.

The rich and diversified catalog on the Warner Bros. family of labels includes a lineup of recordings by Black Sabbath, Miles Davis, Dire Straits, The Grateful Dead, The Kinks, Madonna, Randy Newman, Prince, The Ramones, Talking Heads, James Taylor, Frank Sinatra, Van Halen, Van Morrison, and others.

As Warner Bros. Records begins its sixth decade, its commitment to presenting the world's best music, maintaining the highest standard and attracting the most exciting and original artists of our time will keep the name Warner Bros. Records synonymous with excellence.

"At Warner Bros Records, we have the privilege of working with incredibly creative and innovative artists such as Linkin Park," said Andie Simon, Warner Bros. Records’ VP Interactive/Brand Partnership. "When Linkin Park introduced us to Artificial Life, we agreed that combining all of our strengths could result in something really exciting for Linkin Park fans around the world."

“It is both an honor and privilege to have the opportunity to partner with Linkin Park and Warner Bros. Records. The applications we expect to produce will have exceptional potential in the mobile market. The unique and alternative music style of Linkin Park make them the best fit to be ported into the iPhone platform. We would like to thank Warner Bros. Records for their co-operation to provide us with the necessary IP rights for this project,” said Eberhard Schoneburg, CEO of Artificial Life, Inc.

2. Yagami_Light

Yagami_Light Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Nice. Linkin Park is cool.

3. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Yes!

LP is ok.....

4. Swordplay

Swordplay Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Chicago
    I don't like linkin park but I hope they're apps are good.

5. Ph4ntom4

Ph4ntom4 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    No they aren't.

6. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    lol

no...just no

7. spamboy

spamboy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Yes they are! I LOOOOOVE LP!

8. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    Great, this is what we DON'T need. More Linkin Park. Seriously guys, its like listening to 20 babies whine and moan while 10 instruments play in different directions.

9. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    wahoo lp is my favorite band, and then comes hollywood undead and blink but go lp

10. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

from what I heard and I forget if it's in this article or another, Mr Hahn the dj in the band, which has done amazing artworks in the past will be taking care of the art in these games. I'm excited.

11. JoshC.

JoshC. Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    LP is by far my favorite band of all time. This will be epic!

12. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
  13. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

yea LP is great! >:l

14. nuggetsman28

nuggetsman28 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    i LOVE LP!!!!MY FAV BAND!!!

15. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    So please help me understand what is so special about linkin park?

My wife has a masters in music, and we listen to all types of music in my household, save for non-music, like linkin park.

Whats the appeal? The emo aspect? The goth aspect? The aspect of having 20 or so, no-talent wannabes all doing different things on stage?

Is it the lyrics? I actually can't understand half of them because they're either screamed or whined.

16. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

wow, its evedent that your opinion will not be changed, but ill give it a shot..... ok first off, they r not emo, they did some great song, i can understand the lyrics fine, and they r not "wannabes" There, dont belive me listen to this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRC2ICZ4ZIo

17. nuggetsman28

nuggetsman28 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    love dat mix man!! better than the original in the end!!

18. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

yea, its probably thier best song (or at least one of em) >:l

19. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Basically, LP is a mixture of different popular genres blended together with snappy little hooks and very short songs, and that appeals to the minor attention spans of today's youth.

They've got overly emotional lyrics, tending to strike at the hearts of emotionally confused pre-teens and teens everywhere, and as an added bonus they're vague enough that they really don't mean anything specific but are very obtuse.

They've got the overly used "scratchin'" which just makes this South Bronx (birthplace of hip hop) boy born and raised laugh his ass off (Flash these kids ain't). Then again I can't blame them really, as well....hip hop kinda sucks right about now outside of a scant few examples (Common, Immortal Technique, etc.)

They've got "heavy" guitar riffs that are really just heavily effects laden to cover their simplicity.

Mock punk posin'? Check. And the "quick songs" hearken to the heart of the punk movement (3 chord riffs, fast catchy songs) without any of the...well, without any of the actual heart. The Clash and The Ramones these boys ain't.

Oh, and those catchy hooks I alluded to earlier? You have to place them in the moment in time LP hit it "big": the downturn of the boy band.

Are you :confused:?

Don't be.

To put it simply, LP is basically a boy band in rap/punk/metal form. That's why they're popular.

20. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    check out this youtube link (i wrote it in previous post): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FMn2oYWBIw
    and from my experience - masters in class does not prove anything.