World of Goo [Releasing 14th of April]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by crex, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    #1 crex, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
    wog bigger.jpg

As stated on the front page of TA:

"The TouchArcade staff has been busy traveling and preparing for what is sure to be a busy week at GDC, but this little bit of news is definitely worth a mention as it's sure to get some of our non-iPad owning readers excited. On Friday, 2D Boy officially announced on their blog (again) that World of Goo will be coming to the iPhone and iPod touch. You may remember that World of Goo was originally announced for the iPhone back in late 2009. That version never materialized, however, and after more than a year of wondering what may come of World of Goo for iOS the game finally did release for the iPad last December.
    After seeing an incredible amount of success with the iPad version of World of Goo, 2D Boy has gone back to work at getting the game primed and ready for a smaller screen debut. Speaking of smaller screens, 2D Boy promises that the World of Goo works really well despite having less screen real estate, but they have implemented a pinch-to-zoom feature to make sure that the gameplay is as accessible as it can be.
    [​IMG]
    We gave the iPad version of World of Goo 5 stars in our review and even picked it as our iPad Game of the Year for 2010. The touch screen ended up feeling more natural to the gameplay than any previous version of the game, and I'd imagine that it should translate very well to the iPhone and iPod touch too. 2D Boy gives a very non-comittal response of "hopefully sometime in March" in regards to a release date, but we'll definitely be keeping our eyes on its development and bring you more information on World of Goo for iPhone in the near future."

(to mods: feel free to merge it with the old thread. I just thought it needed a new one now that its *official*. Plus I couldn't find the old thread. :D)

2. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    fingers crossed 2nd gen support

3. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    I take it you didn't click the link :) Right from the horses mouth:

Q. Which iStuff will it run on now?
    A. This Phone version of World of Goo will run on iPhone 4, 3GS, and equivalent Touch models. (I think that means anything with a “armv7″ in it, whatever that is.)

4. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
  5. logical

logical Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Cant wait to play through it again, I bought the PC version a long time ago.. I wouldnt mind a pocket version.

6. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Im buying this as soon as it arrives to the appstore. Now i regret not buying this when it was a dollar

7. jxw245

jxw245 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Texas
    Anyone have any idea on the price? i'm guessing 2 or 3 dollars since iphone/ipod touch games are usually cheaper then ipad.

8. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Honestly, my 2 cents is the 3.99 to 4.99 price range.

9. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    2.99 probably

10. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    I think it's worth 10 bucks easy, although I love lower prices(who doesn't), I want 2D Boy to push their price because they deserve it for their amazing hard work.

11. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    Awesome.
    Look forward to it.

12. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    Yes, but if it was 2.99 for every 1 person to buy it at the steep ten buck price, at 2.99 20 people will buy it. So if 50,000 people buy it at the 9.99= .5 mil in sales, but if they put it at 2.99=1 mil in people= 3 mil sales.

13. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Would love to see this game become a universal app.

Especially since I bought the iPad version already, even though I only own an iPod Touch, and no iPad yet. :p

14. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    6.99!!!

15. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I was going to write the same

16. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

I've been playing this on my itouch for a while anyways but glad to see there will be an official iphone/itouch version coming.

17. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    :eek: How did you get to play it on your itouch?

18. Appbolt

Appbolt Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2010
    Probably by jailbreaking his device.

19. Appbolt

Appbolt Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2010
    Can't wait for this game. Now I just have to wait for this and Lupe Fiasco's Lasers. :cool:
    But anyway, does anyone know when this game is coming to the iphone and ipodtouch this March? Im really, really excited. :D

20. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Me too, on both. I'm taking a break on march 8th to celebrate lasers, no school or work or nothing, just lupe all day. Hopefully this comes sooner than later.