Welcome to Die!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by kijib, Jan 28, 2010.

?

Coke or Pepsi

Poll closed Jan 29, 2014.
  1. Coke

50 vote(s)
    14.9%
  2. Pepsi

16 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    And I can respect that, but just don't say it's the original football just to annoy me, because you know it's not true.

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    It's original football. True story bro. :p

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Piss off. (is that cursing and against the rules?)

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    You should know better than me. You've been here longer.

5. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    #11345 k1lljoy_89, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
    You think I care or want the Irish playing my sport? I could care less. It's an American sport, I want it played in America.

But actually, that's only the NFL. There's Canadian leagues, and arena leagues, and European leagues.

So part one of your argument is flawed.

So by having a bunch more colorless teams that are all pretty much the same, the sport is superior?

This is football. Not YouTube.

The business side is irrelevant to this argument.

If you think prancing around tripping on each others balls (oh, and the soccer ball) while you mindlessly attempt to kick the object threw the 30 ft wide goal is more fun, that's cool.

More teams. Larger population. Again, irrelevant to the sport itself.

But on the subject, if you insist.

Soccer fans are emos. They get all emotional and riot during games. Killing people and chanting racist remarks. They get all pissed off when and take it as a personal insult when they hear americans can't stand soccer. Why do you care? I don't give a crap at all if the rest of the world hates the NFL. I love it and thats all that matters to me. But not soccer fans they to take personal offense to someone not liking it.

You can have your fans.

I disagree.

Football is a much more open minded sport. They use their hands, feet and bodies on every play. Soccer rules make hands useless (and wasted) for the majority of players. In football you can have a 400 pound player and a 170 pound player. Never happen in restrictive soccer.

Soccer is for racist pansies that act like a linebacker or end just dropped them from the blindside everytime somebody steps on their toes. I tried to watch the World Cup, but had to stop after the USA v Italy game. I just can't watch a guy getting ejected from a game for stepping on another dudes toes. There is something awfully weak about that entire two yellows equals an ejection thing.

Never said you did.

We have the Super Bowl. In America. I don't want some Italian guy playing in my Super Bowl.

There's a European league for that.

Popular can eat sh**

Im glad we had this talk.

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    You're such a nationalist that it's pointless to argue with you. I've seen Americans like you in YouTube videos, but I never thought they really existed.

7. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.

[​IMG]

8. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
    We indonesians play both soccer and football, and I have to say I prefer soccer. More excersice than football, and more simpler. I played reckless 'football once' (a water bottle being tossed around and people tackling each other to get it.)

What's real football like?

9. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Real football is what one nationality prefers to call soccer.

I've tried both, but "soccer" is just more fun and requirs more actual intelligent.

10. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    How does one accidentally chuck an iphone across parking lots? Don't mean that in a critical way, just curious...

11. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
    Intelligent? What? Here we just kick the ball anytime anywhere. No strategy. Don't see how football is different

12. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    That would be rugby.

This is real football.

[​IMG]

13. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Don't see a sport. Just grown men fighting.

And 2133, I meant professionally.

14. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Exactly!

Jk. That was a joke. You want fighting, watch Hockey.

You want intelligent sport, watch American Football

Nothing about soccer requires intelligence.

Football requires it throughout the entire game, every down, every play. It's all about intelligence.

It's all strategy. The entire play is based off who can outplay the other side. It's all intelligence. Watch some football, play Madden, or something.

The coaches are paid millions to use their intelligence to win games. The wrong play call, a bad setup on defense, blown coverage from one guy, and you're screwed.

As you said, soccer is far less intelligent.

He released his grip whilst bringing it up to his ear.

15. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
  16. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Ah. Ok, now it makes sense.

17. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    To be honest, every sport is intelligent and strategic so this arguement is flawed.

18. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
    Running.

19. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Because running is so maddeningly strategic.

I was in a panic the other day, over who my football team was going to hire as their next head coach.

We retained the current coach, and it made me sick, because I know, his bad sideline management, coaching, clock management, and everything else he does, will have a negative impact on the next season.

A day later, we get a really solid general manager.

But then, our offensive coordinator is fired. I didn't like the man. He was an idiot. He called bad, UNINTELLIGENT plays, and that's what has doomed this team for the last two years.

Now I'm stressing who they'll hire as the new OC, because it's so goddamn important that we get someone intelligent, who does shit right.

His play calling, if even slightly poor, as in, not intelligent, has and will cost the team the game.

The quarterback coach was fired, because Cam Newton's FOOTWORK, which you may think is meaningless, was slightly bad, resulting in some bad throws.

The wide receiver coach was fired, because people weren't running their routes perfectly.

Linebacker coach. Bad coverage.

Tight end coach. Bad route running.

None of those have anything to do with their actual athletisism. Their intelligence, and intelligence, or lack of, of the players they are coaching, was why they were fired.

The managers of the game. Intelligence is beyond important to football.

Then comes the players. I don't feel like typing much more on this, but I'll sum it up saying that Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, the two best to EVER play, are NOT successful because of their athletic throwing arm.

It's their intelligence. Their so damn smart.

Tony Romo, good athlete. He can easily make the throws Brady can. But he sucks. Because he's an idiot. His split second decisions screw the team every drive.

The Oregon ducks, which is a NCAA (college) team, not the NFL.. I'm a huge fan of their head coach. He runs the offense. The players could SUCK and it wouldn't matter. Because he's so damn SMARTTT. He wins games by calling solid plays. It doesn't matter who the quarterback is because of what a mind F the team is to the defense.

I could go on, and on. I could go into insane detail on specific plays. I could write a book, on the intelligence and strategy that goes into a single play.

You can write a book on Soccer too. It would be called something like this "How to dribble. How to dribble some more.".

Soccer is all fine and dandy, but the one thing it's not, is strategic. The players have a lot of skill, but they need no intelligence.

I could love soccer, and this would still be my argument. It's not opinion, it's fact.

20. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Killjoy, your opinion is biased because you're an American. Face it, you love American football so much that you can't respect other sports. If you would, you wouldn't talk so much crap about football. All I argued about was the name. You're crossing the line and acting like a douche and arguing of things I didn't even argue about.

Yes, running needs a strategy. You need to know how to run well. For example, you can't just run 400m all straight with full power. You need to strategise when you use the most power etc.