Dear Game Developers - Pet Peeve: No Instructions

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by escapedturkey, Mar 1, 2016.

1. escapedturkey

escapedturkey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    #1 escapedturkey, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    Dear Game Developer,

If you develop a game please at least include a simple description page that describes power-ups movement, goals, collectibles, weapons, etc. otherwise it's frustrating to search online and often not find the answer.

I'll give an example: I just purchased a game called Shadow Blade Reload. The gameplay is fantastic. However, there's no explanation of what exactly the collectible orbs and kanji do, or what the meaning behind the strange voodoo mask looking things when they turn and change color. Nor is there a summary of combat moves. By the way, if anyone can answer these questions it would be appreciated.

Examples of games that I play that explain by summary or via progress: Beat Hazard Ultra offers instructions as the first menu choice. Choosing instructions brings up a page with selectable categories providing detailed breakdowns of all facets of the game. Inferno + explains via Info circles that the player passes over while playing.

Thanks!

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Great all of this, but what I really want in every game I play is the full Gamecenter treatment, come on devs.