EA as Worst Company of 2012

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Edmilan, Apr 5, 2012.

1. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I vote for the Wendy's near my work. They are the worst. ;)

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Which makes the winner all the more appropriate ;)
    I know Halliburton, I was just pointing out that a lot of the people who voted won't know their oil companies as well as their games developers.

Let me just clarify that my main argument for EA being the rightful winner is that the poll itself is stupid anyway. The results aren't going to change the world, so we might as well shove it to Electronic Arts. I know the likes of BP get up to despicable acts and ruin lives, but I play far more games than I have properties in the Gulf of Mexico. The latter just isn't on my mind very often.

3. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
  4. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
  5. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    All in favour say Aye!

6. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    This survey is dumb. There are plenty companies that are way worse than EA- plenty of game developers and publishers too. EA put out some of my favorite titles this year. Sure, they did release DLC and include online passes with some of their games- so what? that's a pretty petty thing to be pissed about. Shutting down developers and canning franchises sucks, but you've gotta do what you've gotta do- It IS a business, and virtually every major publisher has to cut their losses at some point.

Wait... EA runs Origin? never mind, this is totally true (just kidding, but seriously, Origin kinda... well... sucks.)

7. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

This poll is NOT stupid! The golden poo is a culturally significant token like a Razzie award or an MTV Music Video Award, not some silly fake thing nobody cares about like a BAFTA award or a Grammy.

8. Noehall

Noehall Member

Apr 1, 2012
    Have no idea about EA. But I think EA is better than mine.

9. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    EA the worst company? NO

In videogames, Capcom is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar worse than EA (DLCs, SFxTK,...), Activision too... actually, I only have EA games for my PS3: Portal 2, Fifa 2012 and Battlefield 3 so....
    And there are banks, pharmaceutics company's, oil company's that are waaaaay worse... this was voted by ignorants

10. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    #30 ChrisL, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
    Looks like you're all alone, buddy! :p

And to all the people complaining about Origin, are you all jumping on the Origin-sucks bandwagon or do you actually have legitimate complaints? Because I've been using Origin since November and I've had no problems with it.

11. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Uhm, Portal (2) is made by Valve...

12. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    EA published and distributed all physical retail copies of Portal 2. Valve published and distributed all digital copies.

13. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    EA is beyond terrible in every way