Anyone going to Casual Connect 2009?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by astrosaurus, Jun 30, 2009.

1. astrosaurus

astrosaurus Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Designer/Blogger
    Portland, OR
    Not sure if anyone was going to Casual Connect 2009 but I was considering going to cover the event and any upcoming games. It's up in Seattle from July 21st-23rd and (I'm assuming) the iPhone will have a substantial presence this year.

I don't suppose anyone here has gone in years past? If so how was it? Just curious if anyone from the forums were going to head up for the conference or if they think it'll be worth it in any capacity. Thanks!

2. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

I'll be there! I went last year, sort of. I didn't attend any of the sessions but was at the evening events. I think this will be a good conference. I agree that the iPhone's large presence will give it an extra kick. I'm looking forward to it!

3. jamesj3k

jamesj3k Well-Known Member

I'll be there. This will be my first year going. I couldn't resist since I live in the Seattle area.

4. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    I am not going :( The conference part sounds boring, so I won't be there. Have fun!

5. jamesj3k

jamesj3k Well-Known Member

I for one enjoy "boring" educational stuff so long as it's relevant- thus making it less boring.

6. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

Oh and I'll be participating in a round table session on July 20th which is being hosted by Women in Games (check Casual Connect website for announcement soon). Hope to see y'all there. Be sure to come say hi.

:D

7. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    True. If it is boring, but atleast on a cool topic, I can stand it.