UNIWAR Feature Requests

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by beeonrope, Apr 15, 2009.

1. beeonrope

beeonrope Active Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Since the UNIWAR forums are not online yet, let's use this space to collect feature request enhancements for the developer.

2. beeonrope

beeonrope Active Member

Apr 13, 2009
    The game browser for existing online games (Join a game) is unusable. There are 103 screens of games nearly all of which are just 1v1 games started by bots. Want to find a 4 player human match? Good luck!

I would like fewer bot games, or a way to filter them out. There should also be filters by number of players, player slots left, perhaps even map.

3. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Alright... enough UniWar threads. This is the fourth one today...

Just post ideas in one of the other threads.

4. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    You were pushing it with the last one, stop now.

5. DAV!DiOT

DAV!DiOT Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2008
    difficulty levels, movement and other animations, and a map editor :D

It certainly could happen if this suddenly jumps to #1 overnight like idracula did.

6. beeonrope

beeonrope Active Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I'm sorry, I don't understand the problem. As a developer I find it useful if potential enhancements are documented. I suppose we could load it all in one of the other UNIWAR threads, but why? I don't understand your gripe.

7. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    There's 4 uniwar threads guy, two by you. That's my gripe.

8. STP_Tim

Apr 7, 2009
    It's much more convenient to have all or most of the discussion in one thread. It also helps keep the forums clean. Long story short, it is pissing off members.

9. beeonrope

beeonrope Active Member

Apr 13, 2009
    The system where you can rotate through your active games is great, but I would like to disable a game from appearing in the rotation. For example, I may not want to make a move in it for a while, but continue to play other games.

10. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    or you could post in the social group?

11. beeonrope

beeonrope Active Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I see. I disagree that having different topics in one thread (just because they involve the same game) is a good idea (note that many other games have separate threads for strategy, multiplayer matchups, etc) - but who am I to say what people like. If it is wrong they it can all be merged back into one of the existing threads.

12. STP_Tim

Apr 7, 2009
    This thread is already part of the main UniWar thread. Then, there is an online match-up thread (now a social group for that purpose) and a bug thread, which isn't even necessary. This draws the line when it comes to threads.

Let it die.

13. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Having different threads for the same game is not an issue.

Each one is categorized by the topic and it's clearly stated that the threads are being made because the Uniwar forum is not up yet.

As the biggest source of Iphone gamers and with all of us buying/playing the game. It only makes sense that we get our input in. That's why these forums were made!

Beeonrope hasn't done anything wrong

14. STP_Tim

Apr 7, 2009
  15. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    If you want to help the dev don't make him find 10 threads on his game. He only needs one good thread. (That sounds like a webmd commercial)

16. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    TOPIC being the keyword

One is about Bugs, the other is Feature Requests.

They are on the same game but are very different topics.

Do you honestly think there should be only one thread on every game?

Every update, bug, feature request, and sale all lumped together in one massive thread that NO ONE will ever take the time to read fully?

17. beeonrope

beeonrope Active Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I guess we disagree about whether it is the same topic. To me, a long list of UNIWAR usernames is a very different topic than UNIWAR strategy, or a list of bugs. The main reason I broke it out is so that the issues can be tracked without 100 intervening posts of other garbage, and so they can be cleanly moved to a more appropriate place when such a place becomes available.

I'm worried that having 15 bug-related posts in a 300 post mega-thread won't make it easy for the issues to be identified, discussed, and ultimately fixed.

Should some moderator find this thread in violation of the rules, of course it can be merged back into one giant thread - in that case, so be it.

18. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I have to side with you here. This thread isnt just a general discussion thread, It has a certain purpose.

19. STP_Tim

Apr 7, 2009
    Feature requests are going on in another thread for UniWar. Please get with the program before you make this a problem.

20. beeonrope

beeonrope Active Member

Apr 13, 2009
    #20 beeonrope, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
    I would like to see the replay of the opponent's last turn consistently. As it is now, you only see it if you have that game "open and live" when it becomes your turn. Otherwise, you are left guessing what happened.

It would also be nice to be able to "replay the replay", in case there was a lot of action going on.

Update: As sosita points out, this feature is already available: