What do you want from me?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jakooistra, Jan 10, 2013.

?

What should John Kooistra develop for you in his limited time?

1. New game, new gameplay

26 vote(s)
    45.6%
  2. Sequel to Red Conquest (Gameplay only)

13 vote(s)
    22.8%
  3. Sequel to Blue Defense (Third wave?)

2 vote(s)
    3.5%
  4. Sequel to Blue Attack

15 vote(s)
    26.3%
  5. Moar Fastar! (Depends on more than just me though)

6 vote(s)
    10.5%
  6. Retina / iPhone 5 support

26 vote(s)
    45.6%
  7. iPad support

20 vote(s)
    35.1%
  8. Game Center support

11 vote(s)
    19.3%
  9. Continue the story to Red Conquest (could be done in a different game)

9 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. Dr.Traveler

Dr.Traveler Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Hey! I haven't logged in here in a long time, but I looked up my login to say I've kept your games around for years. They're awesome.

I really want to see the end of Red Conquest as I still play the odd skirmish, missions, and challenges, but honestly Blue Attack! is my comfort game. The level of customization and arcade action still makes me happy. I ironically found this thread because I found myself wondering if anyone had made a Blue Carrier for purchase on Shapeways (answer: No :( )

2. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    I would like to see some balancing on Red Conquest! :)

Make the Red Faction the beast they should've been >:D

John, I still play Red Conquest! by far my favorite game on iOS. I'd love to see your creative juices go into a new game. With that said, I would just love Red Conquest! to be balanced not necessarily finished. I'm ok with just skirmishes against AI.

EDIT: Although a sequel (gameplay only) WOULD be amazing <3.

3. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    With Retinafication and wide screen support topping the poll, and Fastar! and Red Conquest looking like fan favourites after a quick glance at this and your (rightfully) epic return thread, I'm surprised to see only the Blue games receiveing wide screen and Retina updates. Is there a chance Red Conquest and Fastar! might see similar love any time soon?

(Red Conquest, in particular, still today stands as one of my favourite examples of how ease of access and depth can be married together happily on the platform, and shares a very honourable top spot with Autumn Dynasty as the example of how to do an RTS for touch screens, and it would be really nice to enjoy it in full eyecandy-ic glory on my new iPhone 5S.)

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I think a Green game should be up next. That would make me very happy

5. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Shouldn't it be yellow? Green is so close to blue...

6. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Green is already established in the universe. It's the only race that hasn't had it's own game

They're in RC and BD2

7. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Never heard of this developer or these games before, but wow, checking out his apps...they all look and sound awesome.

I'm considering Blue Defense Second Wave and/or Blue Attack.

8. Make a new game with ipad retina and ios 7 joystick support.

9. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    I think you'll find that Blue Attack has more depth thn the Blue Defense games so if that's what you're look inning then I suggest that.

My personal favorite is Red Conquest. One of the best iOS RTSs out there

10. Foehammer117

Foehammer117 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Able seaman
    Sweden
    I voted for:

-More Red Conquest story
    -Red Conquest gameplay
    -Blue Attack 2
    -New game
    -Retina
    -Ipad

Though if I could really just make one choice it would be whatever brings in the money for you Kooistra, because i guess if you earn enough you could keep making more and more games and that would be a win-win for everyone! And I can hardly think you will get much money from updating old games to support Retina and ipad. Better to do that later on if you ever feel that you have no good ideas to work on (though I can't really see that happening). So as I said a completely new game, and also a new Blue attack and a completely new Red Conquest game, that is also made for ipad and retina from the beginning. No episode 3 for Red Conquest, to late for that, just a Red Conquest 2, or something like it.

And as I said before, make the game for Android too! So much more people use Android than iOS today. :)

11. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    iPad support!!!! It's enough now.