What new content would you like to see in Compression?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Little White Bear Studios, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Little White Bear Studios

Little White Bear Studios Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Ignoring developer time/cost/feasibility issues for a moment, what new things would you like to see in Compression? New modes/style of play? Not particularly looking for tweaks here, as we don't want to do anything that changes the main game since it would affect the scoreboards. But alternate scoreboards are certainly an option. Thanks for your feedback! :)

2. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    #2 Grubjelly, Feb 1, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
    A 4-5 player online mode (similar to Mino by XIO interactice, when it was still available), in which each player starts with the same random position on each level, might be very fun and popular. There could be two multiplayer modes - both a 'classic' one, and one with blocks containing items that alter the risk-reward balance typically existing in the current version of Compression. One item might, for example, temporarily suspend one or more wall compressions in exchange for some junk dropped. Those using such an item in a match would then have the opportunity to risk a mega combo, or several small combos, within a short timeframe. As with Mino, certain combos might send 'junk' to an opponent's screen. By giving players more ways to "play to their strengths" while their skills catch up, you give them more avenues of satisfaction and involvement, ultimately paving the way to their appreciation of Compression in its current form.

Stuff along those lines.

3. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Sounds like Tetris DS multiplayer. I would love to see online/local multiplayer like Tetris DS or Tetris Attack. Maybe a puzzle mode?

4. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Thanks for the suggestions!

5. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Thanks! What do you mean by a puzzle mode?

6. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    How about a "jinx" piece -- a single brick that acts normally with bricks of its own color, but if it touches a brick of a different color on any side, that brick becomes one of the hollow bricks. And perhaps vice-versa -- if the jinx brick touches a hollow brick of a different color, then that brick becomes solid. That would require some quick strategic thinking as to how best use the jinx. It could help, hurt, or just add another same-colored block to a group.
    (Really a much smaller idea than all the words needed to describe it would indicate.)

7. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    POWER Ups?
    slow down- slow down the falling object
    compression decompressed- for a little while, the compression countdown stops
    laser- a brick that will destroy anthing that is below itself.
    random brick- godly brick that can transfer to random color block. when it falls, the colors randomly change in the box
    abuduction- destroy the top 2 blocks row

8. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Megan Fox.

9. xdanleex

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    FAIL, she got worst in the nominees

10. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Thanks, writing all these down! :)

11. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    I tried, but she isn't returning my calls.

12. xdanleex

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    sheesh, ill call for you :D she'll pick up the second she sees my name. then faint from the horror :D Megan fox ran away from me while i was watching transformer just because i said that she is in the worst place nominees

13. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    You start off with a set formation and set pieces, you select the set pieces and drop them to clear all the hollow blocks. The goal is to clear all the hollow blocks using only the given pieces.
    Sorry if I'm not clear.

14. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Ah, I understand now. Thanks! :)

15. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    Why not take a spin on it (you'll see what I did thar) by adding in an accelerometer-based power-up.

If you get enough combos- (three breaks of the same color consecutively, or break all three colors without repeating...something like that) then an option becomes available where you can turn spin the idevice completely upside down and gravity will stack them all on top of each other...and the blocks come out from the other side (the side that used to be the bottom).

That turns tetris on it's head! (Ya, you see what I did thar).

BWUAH!

16. yxkpro

yxkpro Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    High School Student
    Missouri
    #16 yxkpro, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
    Hey, I love the game. In my top 3 games.

I think a mode where there aren't any hollow blocks would be cool. That would be fun. Any mode that twists the gameplay a bit would be fun. :)

17. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    That's thinking outside the box for sure! Thanks for the suggestion! :)

18. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Thanks! Glad you like it!

Could you elaborate a bit more on this? If there are no hollow blocks, then how does the level end?

19. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Puzzle mode mentioned above sounds very good.
    And no Megan Fox please ;)

Btw this game is making me lose sleep, so it's scary that new contents are coming.

20. yxkpro

yxkpro Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    High School Student
    Missouri
    It could end when the compression of the walls force you to hit the top. If you got the amount of blocks needed to be deleted (or score needed), you could advance to the next level.