iShoot clone required

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by dominicreeves, May 3, 2010.

1. dominicreeves

dominicreeves Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Director
    London, UK
    Hi, I'd really like to have a game created, just the same as iShoot (same rules, same goals, same weapons etc - http://www.naughtybits.com/archives/category/ishoot/) - except this time, for iPad. Graphics and sounds will be created at a later stage, so for development, we should just use some temporary images/sounds

Please message me here, if you have something like this already

Thank you
    Dominic

2. nephilim apps

nephilim apps Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    I REALLY hate people like these who make these threads asking for somebody to make a game for them for FREE because they are too lazy to make it themselves.

3. Pamx

Pamx Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    UK
    And I really get ticked off by TA members who jump to paranoid conclusions & are rude to people for no reason. The OP has not even mentioned finances. Geez.

4. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    He's a noob. Noobs are cheap. Besides it would get pulled like *that*.

5. dominicreeves

dominicreeves Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Director
    London, UK
    Thank you for such polarised comments, although allow me to say, they're quite unnecessary. I've been an investor in, and producer of apps and games since 2003, and run a very successful studio (you can probably find some information under previous posts of mine).

That aside, I'm very interested to hear from any developer that has a similar game to iShoot, as I'm seeking to agree a deal quickly, and make payment within the next few days. Please message me.

Thank you
    Dominic

6. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

well the dev of ishoot is developing ishoot 2, so chances are he'll make an ipad native version as well.

7. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Like there aren't already like 30 tank games in the appstore :rolleyes:, it's not like he's trying to be the first.

8. dominicreeves

dominicreeves Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Director
    London, UK
    that's correct. All I want to do, is make a good deal with someone who has a comparable game.

9. StevePerks

StevePerks Active Member

Apr 8, 2010
  10. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
  11. mehware

mehware Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    #11 mehware, May 4, 2010
    Last edited: May 4, 2010
    no he di'int. oh he just totally did.

12. Jeez. And I thought I was the snarky one around here. Dude's just looking to hire a dev for a specific project. Ain't nothin' you can't do going to eLance or places like that, he's just giving a TA dev or freelancer a shot at it.

Might be a highly derivative (possibly to the point of infringing) project but it's not like there aren't a thousand other developers that do the same thing.

13. Pamx

Pamx Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    UK
    And who cares if it's work for hire? Any infringement would be the publisher's problem. I do wish some members would think twice before posting the contents of their drug-addled brains & thus possibly putting potential business contacts off posting on this forum. It can only hurt developers who are looking for opportunities. :confused:

14. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    can we all drop the egos here and get back on topic, hes looking for someone with a game like iShoot, he didnt say and exact clone mind you.

Anywho, If you look threw all the threads in the services for trade your bound to find someone who would be willing to work with you.

Best of luck,
    Ryeley

15. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I take offense to that -_-.

16. dominicreeves

dominicreeves Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Director
    London, UK
    guys, it's ok, I have a thick skin :)

I'm really lucky in having managed to set this up with someone in the last few hours, so it's no longer an open requirement.

NOW, I DO in fact have an open requirement. I am particularly interested in buying up games that are reaching/have reached the end of commercial life on iTunes. If you have a title that's just ticking along, and you don't want to continue supporting it, please get in contact with me.

Thanks again
    Dominic

17. mobile1up

mobile1up Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    i have to ask, but - what is in it for you?

if the games are end-of-life; where is the value to you? are you reselling them? re-skinning them? what deals are you establishing? transfer of IPR? source code exchange? i'm just trying to understand the business model you have in place here.. of course, you can also have someone just write the game your looking for; some of us do offer professional services for anyone wanting to have this done.

18. andrew43

andrew43 New Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Try posting your project on 99desk.com / Elance.com, I am sure you will get some one who had already developed such a game. Good luck

19. Perhaps he's putting together another one of those 50-in-1 game bundles?

Just a guess.