Are there any games like FATE on the iphone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tym4n, Aug 18, 2010.

1. tym4n

tym4n Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Texas
    I really enjoyed the game FATE for the Computer and was wondering if there were any similar games on the iphone/itouch

I've looked at dungeon hunter, but what I liked about FATE is that you weren't stuck to specific class, and you could use whatever weapon you liked depending on your stats

2. bballbeast76

bballbeast76 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Dungeon hunter is pretty close. Monsters drop items with special magic skills just like in fate. There are unlimited dungeons, spells to cast, quests to complete. Fate is still better, if only someone would port it to iPhone

3. riggysmalls

riggysmalls Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    there are 3 classes in dungeon hunter, but its not unlimited as someone just said, lvl50 is max, and you have to do a lot of grinding to get there, and theres no endgame so no point. but the 3 playthroughs as the 3 classes are GREAT! best action rpg on the appstore by far.

4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Torchlight, by the devs of FATE, is being ported to the iPad, but as far as I know they haven't mentioned the smaller iDevices. =( for now your best shot is probably Dungeon Hunter.

5. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    It is?! Holy crap I loved Torchlight.

I would recommend The Quest, it's a large and fun RPG with plenty of expansions.

6. SkyMuffin

May 24, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    It is indeed. http://www.nowgamer.com/features/633/size-matters?o=1

7. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Woo Torchlight on iPad? Great, Fate would be a good idea too but well Torchlight is huge. But I wonder how they'll manage the lack of CPU... and the Touch controls.

8. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Ha well that's old news but very vague, Torchlight is now on Mac since some months but I haven't heard anything about an ipad project. There's potentially a huge CPU problem.

9. SkyMuffin

May 24, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Torchlight already has a netbook mode, which is supposed to run smooth. I'm sure they could strip it down some more.