Aralon Class Discussion

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Neehan, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    What class are you using? What has been your favorite class? etc.

I am currently playing through as a ranger. I am enjoying the class, but it is annoying to have to carry around a ton of arrows. I usually stick to the power and lightning attacks with a little bit of ambush for good measure.

I have also tried the mage but just shooting a bunch of fire spells got old, so I decided to stick with my ranger.

2. Alcadeias

Alcadeias Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    I've only used Ranger, and use pretty much the same tactic that you do except without the power strike. Regardless, it's still just as effective as fully buffed ranged attacks :/

3. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

I'm a level 47 rogue, and it seems to me that this game favors warriors.

They have the strongest weapons and armor, and there aren't as many opportunities to exploit the talents of the other classes as there are places where being a warrior would be better.

4. Alcadeias

May 6, 2010
    What skills do warriors have?

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    The game may "favor" warriors, but I find rangers and rogues to be way more fun to play. I much prefer to set a poison trap successfully than to do swipe attack after swipe attack.

Warriors are basically the easiest class to play, with mages following close behind.

6. galoobethgames

galoobethgames Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Yes I think the Rangers need some power boosts, I will look at this and see what can be done! The cost of arrows issue will also be fixed soon, hopefully next update.

7. Alcadeias

May 6, 2010
    #7 Alcadeias, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
    Rangers are pretty easy to play with already though. I generally use the following:
    1. Stealth - Battle Cry - Fire Arrow - Ambush - Fire Arrow - Attack - FA - Attack - etc
    2. Stealth - Battle Cry - Lightning 2 - Attack x2 - Lightning 1 - Attack x2 - Lightning 2 - etc

I also use Poison Trap if I'm facing a tough guy or multiple enemies. I haven't tried warrior yet but I find that ranger is pretty good with melee because the lightning attacks stun and do a lot of damage.

If they're to be boosted, I'd suggest just boosting the ranged attacks. At the moment, a charging unstunned enemy from max firing distance will easily get to you before you can fire a third shot.

8. Paradiso

I agree, warrior is the staple to pretty much any rpg, so it's always fun for me to experiment with other classes whenever I can.

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    The problem with rangers is that when you're facing 3 or more fairly powerful mobs, it's easy to get overwhelmed, because they have no area attacks (even lightning hits only one enemy). Warriors can just do sweep attacks and stun everyone at once, and mages have area-effect spells as well. With a ranger it pays to set up a trap, pick off the stragglers, etc -- in other words, you have to be more tactical. And that's what makes them more fun.

10. rap8rap

rap8rap Member

Dec 21, 2010
    I have finished the quests as a warrior and reached L46.. Pretty much a hack and slash type of character.. Good for beginners.. I just pumped strength and voila, finished the game with little to no problems..

I also have a L36 rogue but got frustrated because i turned to outlaw because of pickpocketing an NPC in Cold Sands.. I don't know why it suddenly attacked me although other NPCs don't.. I usually pickpocket them for potions.. :D

Then I tried to reach the highest level possible by grinding a Mage, reached L38 with no quests finished.. Gonna do questing later to check out what level i'll reach.. No problems as long as you have decent End and high Int..

Mages are easy enough once you complete the combo of ICEBOLT>FIREBOLT>FIST OF ICE, it gets much easier when you get ARMOR OF ICE.. The only problem I encountered is with The dragon Ashmore who resists all my spells.. :eek:

11. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah I play a Mage, it's usually what I play in RPG's like this. Kind of my go to class. I find that taking on any situation is seamless. I'm only level 32 (not as much time to play as some people) and it's a blast. Put up buffs (Armour of Air/Ice Shield) and pull out your pet (I was going to go petless but being a WoW style Warlock was a fun idea) then pull with Ice Bolt --> Fire Blast --> Shockwave --> Fire Blast--> Fist of Ice when Shockwave stun is over --> Fire Blast --> Ice Bolt. Nothing ever survives that. And you never get touched. And if you so happen to take some damage, Ice Shield soaks it up. The only trouble I had in the game was taking out the Sisters of Night. Ice Shield doesn't soak up spells so I had to use some healing pots for that.

12. Nabee

Nabee New Member

Dec 21, 2010
    I seriously can't decide what to play with :-( I would so play ranger if there was no message with the target is too close all the time , makes me sad that I need to use swords on a ranger :-(

Anyways I played warrior until lvl 27 and got abit bored , eventho it seems like a only option as well , wish they had more active skills for ranger and roque than a bunch of making mad things u apply on rogue to inflict more damage by just swinging ur weapons , and having 1 backstab ._. ...

Anyways how's ranger on hard mode , I'm pretty much getting killed too much even in the starting zone cave and bow has barely helped me at all , much easier to go with a sword ;/

13. Paradiso

Like squarezero said, warriors are usually the easiest to play as, while the others are more of a challenge, and more fun to use. Just depends on your playing style I guess.

14. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I started off as a Warrior, I got to level 11 and then decided to quit as a Warrior and start a new game as a Ranger. So far it's been pretty good being a Ranger, but I tend to use my sword too much because arrows aren't infinite and it's just a hassle to buy them and they take up space in my inventory. I think it would be better if arrows were either infinite (like Dungeon Hunter 2), or you could retrieve them from your enemies (like in Oblivion).

15. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Couldn't agree more. The arrow issue is the only thing I don't like about the ranger class. I ended just buying a ton once I had a bunch of gold. I think I bought at like lvl 10 and now I'm lvl 30 and haven't bought another arrow. But I also have like a bag and a half full of arrows which is annoying.

16. Andiron

Andiron Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    I have a rogue that I played until level 20 or so but I had started it on normal difficulty and wanted more of a challenge and to try out the other classes so I started a ranger on hard difficulty and now I'm playing a mage on hard difficulty as well. I'll probably go back to playing a rogue but starting over on hard difficulty level.

So far, I like the way they've implemented rogues. Its very WoW'ish but that's not a bad thing in my opinion. I like stealth, backstab, and other abilities that reinforce the surprise attack capabilities. And dual wield is cool. The only thing I've had problems with is actually being able to use pickpocket and in the main suggestions thread I've asked if it was buggy (haven't seen a real good response yet but I haven't looked at the thread yet today).

Rangers right now are painful. I like how the ranger automatically switches over to the melee weapon when a mob gets within melee range and that you can't fire arrows that close, I like stealth, but other than that right now in my opinion the class kind of sucks and the implementation is poor. I mean, whenever the game switches me over to melee automatically it also *always* makes me equip my torch as a secondary weapon. So when I switch back to the bow I have to manually go back into my inventory and put arrows back into the secondary slot. And why don't more arrows stack together? 45 arrows go fast. And why can't you stack smaller number of arrows together? Not real fun to have to remember that you're going into a fight with a single arrow in your quiver and that after the first shot you're going to have to open the inventory and replace them with new ones.

And the arrows are hideously expensive - at least for lower levels. Anyway, I got him up to 5th level and gave up due more to the annoyances. I was actually kinda having fun with him, but as a ranged class he probably could be helped with a pet and adding pet mechanics (like actually maybe training your own animal as a pet or something - similar to WoW) would be fun. Sorry - can't help but compare many elements of this game to WoW as it very much reminds me of the game. Even the respawning kind of does that for me :)

17. Junliang

Junliang Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Time to revive this thread..
    Paladin anyone ?

Kinda sad that Paladin can't wield Axe.. which seems to be having the greatest power weapon in the game compared to boardsword/greatsword.

but that being said, i hate warrior skills !
    all those "Parry" and "block" skills and skills which requires you to block first is useless, a total waste of points on them.

That being said, maybe its my gameplay, but i tend to spam skills with paladin, but how many skills can you spam with paladin's low energy compared to mage ?

I should try out the rouge someday..

18. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Just started a paladin. Fun so far. I expected more than one heal spell, tho.

Is shield bash no good, do you think? I NEVER understood how to use the rogue's parry ability. Maybe I'm dim, but I just never got it to work right.

Paladin seems to be about the stun/knockback loop...?

19. Jakeo

Jakeo Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    So far with Paladin, I feel overpowered. I only kill things +5 or more my level without any problem, I've got full superb plate which is + endurance and + strength enchanted. I'm level 35 atm, been taking my time with the main quest too. Fun game though. I will probs never delete it. So much replay value. I loved Og and Ug - my favourite two characters =) Killed them both though :p

Drake mount is annoying for sharp turns. My only complaint about Aralon!

20. Romeo Longsword

Romeo Longsword Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Hong Kong, London, Osaka
    The Pally is the most powerful class IMO, I have tested between the Pally and the Warrior, though Warrior has the move where it hits multiple ermines, but it's not a spam-able talent that would keep an area of enemies stunned long enough.

On the other hand, the Pally plays on a very effective system, where it focus on stunning (Judgment + shield bash) and surviving (with one heal spell + a phy dmg immune talent), allowing you to come through most combat situations.

I had not the chance to test the power between the Pally and the Mage yet, because a mage is typically very powerful at end game and I hadn't play the class extensively.