★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
04-17-2014, 12:11 PM
#11
kinda bullshit that they promised they will patch widescreen to 2013 and never did.

still a fun series though, wonder if there will ever be animations on the mobile versions.
04-17-2014, 01:00 PM
#12
the ratings im more concerned about are the prospects, especially the pitching prospects.

ex: henry owens, a top 50 prospect, is a 2 star potential
same with andrew heaney, while christian vasquez is 4.5 stars
and brandon workman, who has shown the ability to be a #3 starter in the majors, is a 1.5 star potential

and i also cant control myself with the editor

also....where the hell did they get the prospects list from? XANDER BOGARTES IS THE NUMBER 2 PROSPECT IN THE MLB AND YOU HAVE HIM LISTED AS 26


if you cant tell im a die hard sox fan

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ

04-17-2014, 04:26 PM
#13
Game Impressions

bought the game at noon here in china...its' now 522am. finally putting the game down lol player editor is great. i have to agree with some of the previous posters, prospects ratings seem rather random. is anyone finding the play by play text a little choppy? not as smooth running as iootp 13. injuries seem way too common. i am playing as the red sox and just played the yankees...and half their starters were out lol...not complaining though 27-3 record so far haha
04-18-2014, 02:07 AM
#14
Is it worth getting if I have iootp 2013? Any way to add real MLB logos? I did it for iootp 2013 on non-jailbreak device.
04-18-2014, 07:12 AM
#15
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdakine1 View Post
Is it worth getting if I have iootp 2013? Any way to add real MLB logos? I did it for iootp 2013 on non-jailbreak device.
I am enjoying it, but it feels a lot like 2013 but with iphone 5 support finally. Yes, I put the same logo files in the same file folder as I did with 2013 and it worked fine. However, people on the iOOTP forum said the ballpark images aren't working. But then again, I don't know if they were trying iphone 5 size images or the older ones...

As far as is it worth it... There's a player editor, which some people are enjoying. I wanted manual save files separate from auto saving, but they still haven't offered that (if you quit mid-game, you still can't revert to an old save and begin that game again). ALSO, there's still no ball/strike count or overall pitch count listed in field view where it would be most helpful. In fact, I can't find ANY screen to reference how many balls/strikes I have if they don't mention it numerically in the commentary. Just seems like a totally weird thing to leave out of a stat heavy manager!!
04-18-2014, 06:03 PM
#16
Thanks! Seems like having retina display for the text heavy nature and iPhone 5 widescreen support might be the biggest two advantages for me over 2013.

I'm likely not going to be using the editor mode much at all.

Can you remind me how to add the logos and stadiums again. I did it once and chose to never remove the app from my phone since I'm not all that tech savvy...


Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisrshideler View Post
I am enjoying it, but it feels a lot like 2013 but with iphone 5 support finally. Yes, I put the same logo files in the same file folder as I did with 2013 and it worked fine. However, people on the iOOTP forum said the ballpark images aren't working. But then again, I don't know if they were trying iphone 5 size images or the older ones...

As far as is it worth it... There's a player editor, which some people are enjoying. I wanted manual save files separate from auto saving, but they still haven't offered that (if you quit mid-game, you still can't revert to an old save and begin that game again). ALSO, there's still no ball/strike count or overall pitch count listed in field view where it would be most helpful. In fact, I can't find ANY screen to reference how many balls/strikes I have if they don't mention it numerically in the commentary. Just seems like a totally weird thing to leave out of a stat heavy manager!!
04-18-2014, 06:29 PM
#17
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdakine1 View Post
Thanks! Seems like having retina display for the text heavy nature and iPhone 5 widescreen support might be the biggest two advantages for me over 2013.

I'm likely not going to be using the editor mode much at all.

Can you remind me how to add the logos and stadiums again. I did it once and chose to never remove the app from my phone since I'm not all that tech savvy...
Documents/saved_games/Game 1.lg/news/html/images

In that folder is where I replaced the logos.

Haven't tried loading the ballparks yet because all my ballpark images fit the old screen size and not the iPhone 5.
04-20-2014, 05:08 AM
#18
just finished a series in toronto with the red sox. the attendance for each game was 5677 lol
10-21-2014, 04:45 PM
#19
I presume a new version of this is due soon with the 80% price drop. I've always been kind of curious about OOTP but I know _nothing_ about Baseball, I used to really enjoy Championship Manager/Football Manager before it got to complex and IIRC OOTP was using their engine for a time many years ago.

How buggy is it? I see there was a 1.1 release in June but that's been it.
10-21-2014, 04:59 PM
#20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarasis View Post
I presume a new version of this is due soon with the 80% price drop. I've always been kind of curious about OOTP but I know _nothing_ about Baseball, I used to really enjoy Championship Manager/Football Manager before it got to complex and IIRC OOTP was using their engine for a time many years ago.

How buggy is it? I see there was a 1.1 release in June but that's been it.
I believe the discount is just for the World Series. Normally, they release new iterations shortly before the start of the regular season. 99 cents is a bargain to see if you like it. It's very deep and involved. I know baseball, but I'm not a huge fan of it. I still play the game for a few weeks each year because of how refined it is. Once their NFL app comes out (probably 2 years away), I'll be a happy man.