iPhone 6 Plus -- Multiple Questions Concerning Games and Apps in General

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Roadblocked, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Roadblocked

Roadblocked Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Hi,

I recently purchased an iPhone 6 Plus, I was excited to get some iPad HD apps on this thing, specifically, Hearthstone. I was disappointed to see that, while obvious now, it was still considered an iPhone in terms of the app store, when in fact it is more like a tablet.

I guess I am wondering if -- on the app store -- the iPhone 6 Plus registers the same sign as an iPhone 6? Is there an ability to make iPhone 6 Plus apps register as valid for iPad HD apps? Is there an ability to make those apps iPhone 6 Plus exclusive?

That being said, what are the best games you guys are playing on the iPhone 6 Plus currently?

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I am not aware of any way to make it register as an iPad - maybe through jailbreaking, but I have not done that since the iPhone 3Gs - too many problems.

So - no iPad games, only iPhone and Universal.

The Oddysee game looks great. Banner Saga looks great. Much like when I first got an iPad - the games are the same, but the screen is bigger and so everything looks much better - much like console games being played on a big screen TV vs a small monitor - its hard to compare when things are just much easier to see. IMHO of course.

3. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    I think you can't make the Appstore register your iPhone as an iPad, not even with jailbreak.
    However I think that if you download the apps on your PC you can modify the app info to make it install on an iPhone.