How does apple contact you about app approval / rejection / fixes required

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Mal, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Mal

Mal Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Hi there,

I'm waiting for approval on my 2nd app, and was wondering if they have maybe sent an e-mail regarding some changes.

When my first app was approved, I didn't get any email contact - I just happened to be passing through iTunes Connect - twice a day :) - and saw that it was approved one day.

I'm thinking that either apple don't send out emails regarding approval, or they do and I just didn't get it - if it's the 2nd case, then I might not be getting any other emails from them either.

Can someone shed some light on this matter?

Many thanks in advance...
    Mal

2. Paradigm

Paradigm Active Member

Jul 1, 2009
    that'd be pretty silly if apple didn't even notify your app was approved. +_+

3. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    I'm pretty sure Apple will email you if your app is approved, and it'll take some time to propagate to each app store.

4. daveak

daveak Well-Known Member

They usually do, however when my second app was released it just appeared in the store, no email. You will find this happens some times.

5. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    For me, they send pigeons.
    Usually about 50 pigeons, and each pigeon has a word on a label attached to it's foot. But some of the pigeons get to my house in the wrong order, so I find it hard to piece together the words.

Look out for a flock of pigeons if you are expecting an app to be approved.

6. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    lol!

7. Mal

Mal Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Carrier pigeons, or racing pigeons? :p

I just did a search, and I didn't get any email from apple regarding the app being approved - weird! I did get other emails from them regarding the account being set up etc.

Mal

8. Eric5h5

Eric5h5 Well-Known Member

I've gotten an email from Apple 2 out of 3 times. (1st submission + 2 updates.) So it would seem that it's not automated, and depends on somebody remembering to send the mail.

--Eric

9. Mal

Mal Member

Jun 26, 2009
    I just got an e-mail earler on regarding the v1.1 update ( you can't mention prices in the overall description, due to different regions ). For the initial approval, it must have just been overlooked ( I'm sure the App Store review team are pretty busy! ).

Mal

10. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    Yeah sometimes they do miss it out. I haven't got it since couple of months ago.

11. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    From October through April, I regularly received email notifications when my apps/updates were approved.

In May, I stopped getting notifications - my update apps were silently approved.

More recently, I've started receiving email notifications again.

The bottom line is don't assume that you will get a notification - check your app status daily if you want to keep on top of status.

Phil

12. rdklein

rdklein Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    sw developer, tv producer, hw developer (microcodi
    Munich
    The first time I also did not get a email, after this it worked -- btui also check daily for the status.

13. Slyv

Slyv Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    In most cases i have email after approval, but sometimes apple doesn't send it. This happen only with one of my games, in two others I always have email.

14. Mal

Mal Member

Jun 26, 2009
    So the 50 pigeon thing was a joke??? :)

15. Paradigm

Paradigm Active Member

Jul 1, 2009
    I can't believe that its not an automated email on approval. Then how do company do press releases saying stuff like "Game launch on July X, 2009!" or whatever?

16. PixelthisMike

PixelthisMike Well-Known Member

They set the release date to a future date which they hope like hell comes after they are approved. It is then guaranteed to release on that day so long as the app is approved on time.

Most of us don't set a release date so that it will release as soon as it is approved.

17. dangerz

dangerz Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    I wish I had pigeons.. Apple sent me a hoard of spider monkeys to let me know. For a company so big, it blows my mind as to how anyone in their right mind saw that as a good idea.

For starters, they ate my dog. After wrestling with them to get my message and see that I was actually declined, I finally was able to get them out of my house by sacrificing my girlfriend's cat (I'm so sorry sweetheart). I then tried to rush what was left of my dog to the vet, but on the way out one of those damn monkeys stole my carkeys.

I hate you Apple.