Introduction - Corbomite Games

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by SoundGuy, Aug 9, 2010.

1. SoundGuy

SoundGuy Active Member

Jul 31, 2010
    CEO Of Corbomite Games.
    Hi all!

My name is Oded Sharon, and i have a small game studio from Israel called Corbomite Games. We've been doing episodic adventure games for PC for a while and recently started with iphone/ipad.

we have had one game in the app store for free for a few months :
    itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-corbomite-games-spinning/id371704724?mt=8

but now we are launching a new game called Star Shipping (i'll announce it seperatly on the upcoming games board soon) and we would love to get feedback and get some more beta testing before it goes live on the app store, if anyone is willing to help.

feel free to contact me at:
    [email protected]

I'm still waiting to get approved for the private dev forums, so hope to see you there soon, whoever is there.

Oded

2. Hi and welcome to the forums!

I'm willing to test your game and give feedback if you like.

3. SoundGuy

SoundGuy Active Member

Jul 31, 2010
    CEO Of Corbomite Games.
    Hi FoolishSteve. I'm sending you a PM with details. I'll obviously need your UUID to compile and sign a version for you (and every one else who test).
    I assume this is how you guys test stuff around here too, right?

4. CommanderData

CommanderData Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Since you brought it up, I thought it would be good to chime in with a bit of clarification on the private developer forums for you and some of the many others that request entrance daily:

As you probably read, no one gets approved into the private forums without having a completed game available in the iTunes App Store (unless they have very special circumstances attached to them: IE- 3rd party iPhone library/tool dev, an Apple employee, etc). Of course, Star Shipping definitely looks like it qualifies once available.

Note that even if you do have a game in the iTunes App Store: to increase your chances of approval, you should also participate and post regularly in the public forums... If the moderators or I do not recognize someone, or that someone has zero or very few posts, they will likely be denied without follow-up PMs or any feedback.

Lots of people get denied daily. Especially those who introduce yourselves in the access request as "CEO of new game company XYZ", with no games in iTunes, no website (or a "Coming Soon!" page), and little to no posting history. Yes, I see variations of that almost daily! :p

Just a friendly "heads-up" to you and others wondering why they are not instantly approved.

Welcome to the forums, looking forward to seeing the completed game! :)

5. SoundGuy

SoundGuy Active Member

Jul 31, 2010
    CEO Of Corbomite Games.
    Hey CommanderData

Starshipping is actually our second iphone game. The first, Cube spin is available on the app store for a long while.
    Frankly, yes. I'm new to touch arcade, and relatively new to the whole iphone dev scene, although i'm a veteran game developer.
    I'm certainly hoping to be more involved with the community here, engaging in dialog and providing feedback to other developers.

P.s. i met Brent Spiner, the actual commander data last week.
    Check out my facebook profile :)

http://www.facebook.com/oded.sharon

Oded

6. CommanderData

Patreon Indie

Oded,
    Now that you've started posting we can clearly see you're an intelligent guy, not another spambot, lurker, or "me too" sign up... As I said, looking forward to seeing Star Shipping arrive. It appears to be a game with a lot of thought put into it based on your upcoming game thread. Make sure you get native english speakers to spell-check it for you though ;)

Sorry I can't view your profile photos, I'm one of those guys you hear about that "doesn't do facebook" :D

7. SoundGuy

SoundGuy Active Member

Jul 31, 2010
    CEO Of Corbomite Games.
  8. CommanderData

Patreon Indie

Attached Files:

9. SoundGuy

SoundGuy Active Member

Jul 31, 2010
    CEO Of Corbomite Games.
    Drats! i totally missed meeting John De Lancie this year?
    I hosted him last year in Israel