Zenonia – upcoming RPG game by Gamevil

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by EDUB, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EDUB

EDUB Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    #1 EDUB, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
    browsed around the gamevil forums. they got this RPG game called Zenonia and it looks a lot better than Path of a Warrior. I believe they made the game baseball superstars 09 for the iphone too. here is a link to a trailer of the game.

can't wait!

[​IMG]

2. Blaqkie

Blaqkie Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    It would be a great game, if only we could understand it.

3. EDUB

EDUB Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    yeah, but hopefully they will translate it to english soon.

4. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Please lawd, may this game be translated correctly and it actually be a good adventure/RPG game.

5. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I'd get it just for the hot chicks they show at the beginning of each stage. But they neeeeeed to work on those sound effects. The main character sounds like he was yanked of of an '80s saturday morning cartoon.

And am I the only one that's bugged by how the epic picture in the title screen in no way resembles the game's graphics?

6. EDUB

EDUB Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I tried to get into the multiplayer for POW, but personally I like an rpg with a good story. hopefully they will deliver.

7. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Looks interesting, but the grunting may get a little annoying.

8. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Is it confirmed that it's coming for the iPhone? Those youtube comments read like it's for other mobile devices.

9. AndyL

AndyL Well-Known Member

I agree the grunting can get very annoying. But Gamevil has produced a great game in Baseball Superstars, so I'll check this out when it's available

10. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

That would be a first :)

They never do. All the RPGs in the Appstore are like that. And it always bugs me too.

The special effects look very cool, the grunting...not cool after awhile I would think. We'll see what becomes of this title. I'd like a good RPG, but I want one that is modern...as in "looks cool"

11. greenhornet9

greenhornet9 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2009
    i personally dont find the grunting annoying...it reminds me of zelda and arcade fighters.

12. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    The graphics and sounds remind me of Secret of Mana, especially when you can see the HP damaged inflicted! Also adore the little whistle "speech bubble" the avatar dilepicts when he's unlocked a secret cave entrance. Small details like like, and the accompanying music tune, suggest this could weave a strong emotional attachment not experienced since Final Fantasy VII.

Anyone know Korean language who could offer their services to Gamevil??? I really would like to try this!!!!

13. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Ugh it's another one of those GBA style rpgs... I would really prefer to play this on my ds. :)

14. JDH22

JDH22 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Oregon
    This looks pretty legit! If this is going to become an iPhone/iTouch game, I will definitely be gettin' this.

15. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    There were only three posts in the thread where this came from, and nothing indicated an iPhone release. I also did a search of their forums and turned up nothing else about the game. If you check their news section of late, the only mention of iPhone is in relation to their baseball game, and all the other current stuff indicates that they are focusing on the Android platform. This looks like it would be a fun game, but I wouldn't get any hopes up of it coming to an iDevice any time soon.

16. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    holy ****! the ipotch really needs something like this

17. Ooo...shiny

Ooo...shiny Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Chemist
    Bay Area
    Yay

Heck yeah, I love baseball superstars!! I bought it for my mobile phone days ago and loved it, in fact it purchasing that game ended up being the best thing about that mobile service (stupid helio).

When I heard that Gamevil would be developing for the iphone/ipotch I was stoked and bought baseball superstars right away and it rocked!!

I really like the variety of games that Gamevil has on their website and I am excited to see this coming to the app store. Count me in as a purchaser when this is available.

:D

18. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    oops wrong thread

19. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    lol, i wonder why we cant delete our own posts

20. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    This is cool and all, but I wonder if Final Fantasy series is going to be ported to the iPod Touch anytime in the near future :-(