Netflix Stranger Things: 1984 (by BonusXP)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ivica, Oct 4, 2017.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Curious, how long did it take you to beat the game?

2. verlaine

verlaine Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    *repeat post*

3. verlaine

Jul 26, 2012
    I took my time. Nearly 7 hours?

4. DinoHunter

DinoHunter Member

Oct 5, 2017
    New user here, please forgive me if I break any rules.

Has anyone 100% the game? I'm stuck at 97.9%. I'm missing
    1. Heart #13
    2. Eggo #7
    3. I'm also missing the final character
    Eleven and her upgrade (not counting the new character which will be released after season 2 airs)

I've completed the main part of the game twice already. I've also got all the tapes and gnomes. Only the above listed 4 things are preventing me from achieving 100%. Can anyone kindly help me out?

5. orton1227

orton1227 Active Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Experienced a save issue. I played up until the evil scientist and died while facing him. I quit and went back to the menu to see if it saved anything. Which it did. And I tried the evil scientist again and died. I quit to the menu then opened the app several hours later and saw no save. Does it only hard save after every level?

6. verlaine

Jul 26, 2012
    I haven’t found Heart 13, but Eggo 7 can be found in the fridge at the Wheelers’ house :D Once you have all the Eggos, you can unlock the special character by going to the right place with the locked strongbox. I’m curious, though: Where are gnomes 2 and 8?

7. rmann

rmann Member

Aug 29, 2011
    #27 rmann, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    Stuck on 93%

Finished the main play through but need some help cleaning up:

Hearts: 13,26,34
    Gnomes: 2
    Waffle: 8

One of those hearts is probably based on delivering some nails to steve. Can’t figure out how to get him to accept them. Also I know a blank cassette is floating out there someone for another quest.
    Any ideas? Thanks!

8. DinoHunter

DinoHunter Member

Oct 5, 2017
    Thanks for the Eggo tip! This brings my completion up to 99.3%. The Heart #13 is still elusive.

Here are the in-game tips for Gnomes #2 and #8:

Bumble: Bumble got lost hunting truffles after a hungry bear chased him away.

Robil: Keep your eye on Robil, or he'll steal your sandwich.

As for Eggo #8, or any Eggo for that matter:
    The Eggos and VHS mirror themselves. So if you have Eggo #1 and are missing VHS #1, it will be in the same dungeon (or a similar setting in case of the last 2 Eggos and VHS) as Eggo #1. You can click on them in your inventory to find out where you got them in case you forgot.

9. DinoHunter

DinoHunter Member

Oct 5, 2017
    Woohoo! Found the ever elusive Heart #13 in the
    Forest dungeon
    and completed the game 100%!

I'll now be doing another playthrough and this time I'll try to jot down everything for anyone who needs help.

Just as a side note, I talked with the devs and they said there are extra keycards to be found just in case anyone gets stuck. As you can see in the screenshot, I found two extra, one I bought in a store and one deep in the bunker after killing one of the goons.

Attached Files:

10. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Congrats!!! Even though I'm playing in small chunks, I'm sure I'll be leaning on some guidance from you guys soon. Thanks!

11. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    The game is a lot of fun, reminds me of old-school Zelda-type games. I'll certainly play it to finish it and I can't complain since it was free.

That being said, I'll be "that guy" and say... this game doesn't feel like "Stranger Things" to me, like... it wasn't Stranger Things from the beginning of development. To me it feels like they found a generic RPG and then changed the artwork to make it tie in with Stranger Things. The owls are silly and feel out of place, and smashing everything in sight also feels out of place.

But it's still fun, as I already mentioned.

12. DinoHunter

DinoHunter Member

Oct 5, 2017
    #32 DinoHunter, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    A Quick Handy Guide to 100%

I made a quick spreadsheet that contains locations of every item that you need to complete 100%. This includes all the Eggos, Gnomes, VHS Tapes, Hearts and Citizen Quests. I've tried to keep the descriptions simple enough. Let me know if there are any errors and I'll rectify them.

https://goo.gl/4BGWxA

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I spoke with the devs again and they said Season 2 specific new content will be added when the season airs. HYPE!

13. Sevallis

Sevallis Active Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Male
    Thanks, you saved me a few hours of purposeless searching for the last few items I was missing.

14. Sevallis

Sevallis Active Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Male
    So I’m a bit disappointed that by the time you get Eleven, her skill is pointless and you have already finished the content. I guess that’s going to be more useful in a replay since she is persistent on a new game, and also upon release of season 2 content.

Does anyone know what’s up with the $500 keycard for sale at the florists shop? I bought one and it hasn’t been called for, and another one popped up for an additional $500 after purchase. Also season 2 maybe?

15. Potterpalacios

Potterpalacios New Member

Oct 7, 2017
    Help

I can't find VHS3, VHS5, eggo8 and gnome10 :confused: :(

16. Potterpalacios

Potterpalacios New Member

Oct 7, 2017
    Thankyouuuusooooomuchhhhh♡

17. DinoHunter

DinoHunter Member

Oct 5, 2017
    You're welcome!

Yeah, season 2 specific new content will be added when the season itself airs. Eleven will be quite useful then.

There are TWO extra keycards in the game as of now. This is just as a failsafe in case you get stuck somewhere. I spoke with the devs and they confirmed that this is indeed the case.

18. ag2606

ag2606 New Member

Oct 7, 2017
    steve’s nails

does anyone know how to deliver steve’s nails to steve? i’ve got the nails however it won’t let me give them to him

19. DinoHunter

DinoHunter Member

Oct 5, 2017
    What does he say?

20. kizuxtheo

kizuxtheo Active Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Male
    Translator
    Venezuela
    Played yesterday, beat the first dungeon.

Opened it today and all progress was gone. Uninstalled.