★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How does one Start.

09-17-2017, 03:25 PM
How does one Start.

Hi guys , i am a long time web developer , well a few years at-least i live in south africa. I have come to realise that web development has gone t freelancers. Since the using mobile devices so much more i have decided to shift careers. I want to move into app development , i am pretty clueless where to start you see i live in south africa and android is pretty much all we have here ma and i phone are for the few special people .

Anyway ive looked up some basic info on google , what i want to know is there some language i can learn that could also be compatible in both mobile apps and online browsers , sort of replace php with something if you understand what i mean.

Thanks in advance for any share knowledge
09-17-2017, 03:40 PM
I recommend StackSkills.com as they've recently had a sale on an iOS 11/Swift development course and seem to offer a whole bunch in the areas you're looking for. I'm half way through the course so far and I've been learning a whole ton. Hope this helps.
09-18-2017, 06:30 PM
Yes i have heard of swift somebody also mentioned xamarin to me i will have to go look it up, another question are these solely for ios devices ? and if so would the alternative for andriod be Java ? Thanks for that link it !

Last edited by ragnar28; 09-18-2017 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Thanks
09-19-2017, 08:17 PM
If you are interested in creating mobile games, check out this list of resources we've put together at Appodeal. Good luck with your new venture!
09-19-2017, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingydingy View Post
If you are interested in creating mobile games, check out this list of resources we've put together at Appodeal. Good luck with your new venture!
Woah great find. Thank you
10-11-2017, 07:03 PM
Geez the time goes by so fast , ive been messing around with java.... Thats looks like a amazingly helpful list !!! Thanks

It doesn't look like im going to need much more info in terms of whats available with that list lol , only actual programming issues.

I thought as a web developer this would be a walk in the park , boy was i wrong. Also what is the online market like for game or even mobile application developers i hear is massively over saturated.