1112 ep 01 $1.99 until ep02/rogue planet release!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by aghartastudio, Jul 15, 2009.

1. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Sounds like a great price - but when I read reviews of this people said you can't read all the game text because it doesn't let you scroll - is this still the case or has this problem been fixed?

Cheers,

Jamie.

2. aghartastudio

aghartastudio Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    what ??

If I remember well there was one text out of something like 1000 text box with one single word missing (and yes it was corrected a long time ago)

3. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    #4 dominator246, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
    Is that why Rogue Planet's been delayed? Just so you guys can release it and ep02 at the same time? If so, that's pretty lame.

4. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Ah - I just saw it mentioned on a post yesterday and thought I'd ask about it here. If it's fixed, that's great; I'll pick this up.

Jamie.

5. drach

drach Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Having just played this game, this problem still remains for me. On the other hand, it affects the game only nominally because I was able to read most of the text anyway.

6. yeah yeah

yeah yeah Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    i had no problems with finishing episode 1, except for the fact that it was too short...and once the game started to pick up speed...it was over. :(

release episode 2 now! lol.

7. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Herefordshire, U.K.
    The problems haven't been fixed!

When you are on the phone in the game and there's a dialogue, if it's a long sentence, you can't read all of it because it get's obscured by the in-game icons. Amatuer hour really that this wasn't sorted.

8. aghartastudio

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    ok , as I said before , i didn't remember exactly if that was adressed or not, ( one word is missing at the end of one sentence in one dialog text box in the whole game...)
    + it's nothing important in the storyline.

(yet I'll make sure it won't appear in the next update;)

9. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Herefordshire, U.K.
    No, it's every conversation you have on the phone. For example, Felicity's dialogue is partly obscured by the icons for the inventory, map etc. Which means you don't get ro read the whole conversation.

To use the phone you change the iphone's orientation. What would be a good idea is that when you do that and the phone appears, the icons should disappear except for a back button.

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I don't know if I would use the term "Amatuer" (sic) to describe what is otherwise one of the most polished indie release in the App Store. At $.99, 1112 Ep 1 is a crazy value.

Alexandre, I hope that you're including a "recap" feature on episode 2 ("Previously on 1112")-- not sure is I remember everything that happened on ep 1 at this point. Guess I could play through it again...

11. smirnoffsky

smirnoffsky Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    I really do hope they fix that scroll text bug. It can be awfully annoying. To think that here I was very much into the game, trying to pay attention to every clue and detail (imagine the gaming mood), then while reading through the dialogue... WHAM! Felt like getting Rickroll'd. Seriously. It's that kind of game where picking up clues and instructions can be critical... yet you can't read through many of the text. I know this will be a bother for certain gamers. I am also kinda surprised some didn't even notice it... or perhaps merely found it acceptable.

The "omitted" lines may or may not be essential for one to finish the game, but point is we gamers deserve at least that simple luxury of reading complete dialogues... how much is that to ask for? Other than that and the fact that you have to play and tamper with the UI functions more than the usual, the game can actually be pretty fun. I am honestly enjoying it despite the flaws.

I don't know how "short" the game is since I have yet to finish it, but one advice is to not google for clues and walkthroughs - unless it starts to get really frustrating. Merely trying to figure out what to do will cost you hours of gameplay, depending on how well you pick up clues and figure out different possibilities. Googling for clues will only shorten this type of game's lifespan.

12. joehunt

joehunt Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    I don't know about anyone else, but I have soooo lost interest in this. Episode 1 came out in November and we were told that a new episode would be out in February. Well that was put aside to work on something else and it still is not ready :mad:. Personally, I'm skipping any further episodes.

13. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. I liked part 1, but it has been quite a while since I played that. And now there's news that Lucasarts might be bringing Monkey Island to iPhone. If thats happens before 1112 ep 2, I doubt I'd get it anytime soon.

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I look at this in the same way that I look at ordering design books from European publishers -- which can take months to arrive. By the time I get the book, I've forgotten that I bought it, and it feels like I've just received a very nice gift. At this point, I'll treat Episode 2 as a surprise sequel to a game I really enjoyed.

Perhaps I am a little too forgiving, but considering the long delays that are fairly common in the larger gaming industry, a few months doesn't bother me that much.

If Rogue Planet is as good as it looks, I bet other people will find forgiveness in their heart, too.

15. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

If you enjoyed the first one, how are you punishing anyone but yourself for passing on the second? :confused:

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Kind of what I was thinking, too.

17. joehunt

joehunt Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    I'm not "punishing" myself. When it first came out, I was quite interested in continuing the story. But since so much time has passed, I have lost all interest.

18. aghartastudio

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    Important :

There is a memory bug causing the game to crash in 2.x devices every now and then... (another update to fix that is submitted as I speak) so you have to run 3.0 in order to play the game in proper condition (sorry about that)
    THe Phone interface bug is linked to 2.0 as well

19. smirnoffsky

smirnoffsky Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    The mobile phone text bug seems to have been fixed via the latest update :)