Support our Sponsors:

Old 08-18-2014, 07:58 PM

Default RabbitMen

Old 08-18-2014, 08:03 PM

I was in a hurry, so I used TAbot to create this thread.
I think this looks cool, and I guess I'll gamble on it unless someone can tell me something about it that would turn me away,
Old 08-18-2014, 08:23 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I tried it for free at some point and was a bit disappointed in it; not awful by any means but I would recommend waiting before buying. I'll have a look on my accounts to see if it has a free version but the spelling mistakes make me wary as it is.

Edit: It must have soft launched in Canada as I have it already purchased on my Canadian account. Played it quickly again to see if anything changes and got a couple of ads - it could be a remnant of having been a soft launch but likely not given that it's now the release build; the same you'll get if you buy it. The spelling and grammar is pretty poor unfortunately, I don't normally take that much offence to it but it's pretty distracting in this case.

Gameplay-wise, it's a decent lane-based Tower Defence much like Plants vs Zombies rather than Castle Doombad. It looks quite charming and plays well enough but it's just not exciting enough to warrant buying in my personal opinion. I absolutely hate leaving negative impressions and hopefully the dev doesn't get too offended...sorry guys.

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 08-18-2014 at 08:45 PM..
Old 08-18-2014, 09:10 PM

Looked like a castle Doombad type there until I seen your post, I wondered when someone might start cloning castle Doombad.

I can completely agree though as poor English in any game is a turn off for me.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Gameplay-wise, it's a decent lane-based Tower Defence much like Plants vs Zombies rather than Castle Doombad. It looks quite charming and plays well enough but it's just not exciting enough to warrant buying in my personal opinion. I absolutely hate leaving negative impressions and hopefully the dev doesn't get too offended...sorry guys.
I think negative impressions are just as important, if not moreso, than positive ones.
Preventing someone from spending money and regretting it, or helping motivate a Dev into making their product better, is just as noble of a cause as introducing someone to their new favorite game.

If you leave nothing but positive imps, it takes away from the power of the impressions as well. Just my $0.02.

Thanks Pete

Last edited by Lazer Kat; 08-18-2014 at 09:40 PM..
Old 08-19-2014, 05:24 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Little things like a typo on the promotional screens simply puts me off. To me that screams they have no decent QA to check on bugs/issues/typos. Yes theres so many things you need to check with games (check different devices etc) but typo's on screenshots is one of the easiest.

Edit - Actually theres so much bad english on nearly all those screenshots, embarassing