Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 06-14-2014, 04:30 PM
creatip creatip is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcc View Post
I know you only steal health if the enemy is killed with the psi attack so I assume you have to kill him/her/it when it still has 80+ health left.
Hey, thanx for the answer. I've past that point already

Now I'm at the swamp and the kingpin hideout. That kingpin is a tough boss. I'm already using prometheus armor, m3 smg with max upgrade, storm AR, and using spidey as companion. Still not doing very well against kingpin, the Xi troops, or even executioner (I resorts to using phoenix every time I meet executioner)

Any advice?

Also, is Roxy any good as a companion? Or I should get Rico instead?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-17-2014, 12:23 PM
Solarclipse Solarclipse is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by creatip View Post
Hey, thanx for the answer. I've past that point already

Now I'm at the swamp and the kingpin hideout. That kingpin is a tough boss. I'm already using prometheus armor, m3 smg with max upgrade, storm AR, and using spidey as companion. Still not doing very well against kingpin, the Xi troops, or even executioner (I resorts to using phoenix every time I meet executioner)

Any advice?

Also, is Roxy any good as a companion? Or I should get Rico instead?
Yeah, I had played this devs previous game...sordering or something like that. I enjoyed it but found the balancing skewed too much towards IAP, and the last boss was ridiculous. Can anyone say how well balanced the end game is here?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-17-2014, 05:34 PM
creatip creatip is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarclipse View Post
Yeah, I had played this devs previous game...sordering or something like that. I enjoyed it but found the balancing skewed too much towards IAP, and the last boss was ridiculous. Can anyone say how well balanced the end game is here?
Finished the game (up to where it needs storyline update to continue) yesterday.

Yes, this is a somewhat 'pay to win without pulling your hair out of frustration', but with strategic and careful planning, one can minimize the IAP to very useful stuffs.

Here are some pointers, based on my own experience, for those who are starting to play this game:

- This game (up to this point) got 'time hack' for projects, HP replenishing, mission update, etc. Just set forward the iDevice's time accordingly, and your timed projects will follow your iDevice's time. I'm playing on my Ipad, so it doesn't matter that my Ipad's clock is wrong anyway. Resources can't be hacked with the time hack, because they're based on the server's clock.

- The companion is really really important here, so choosing a companion wisely is essential.

- The smuggler appears from time to time, selling IAP goodies. The really important ones are: megathorne pistol (for earlier levels, you may not need it), S3 SMG (you'll use this till the end), and Spidey (companion). So these are the only essential IAP, imo. Just keep upgrading those 3, and you'll beat the game eventually.

- Carry LOTS of grenades and medpacks when going to high level enemies and/or bosses. If you lose, don't choose 'reanimate' (paying 20 gems). Just choose defeat, do time hack to replenish HP, and go at it again

- Anomaly researches are costly, but very important in resource gathering, including getting gems. So try to research those asap.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-04-2014, 02:00 AM
Rickduva Rickduva is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1
Default S3 smg

I purchased the Megathorne since I was just offered it and u saying to buy it but it doesn't seem any better then the regular pistol? I have the Vulcan and that seems to be the one to have. When will I be offered the S3 SMG and another shooter? Any help would b appreciated.


Quote:
Originally Posted by creatip View Post
Finished the game (up to where it needs storyline update to continue) yesterday.

Yes, this is a somewhat 'pay to win without pulling your hair out of frustration', but with strategic and careful planning, one can minimize the IAP to very useful stuffs.

Here are some pointers, based on my own experience, for those who are starting to play this game:

- This game (up to this point) got 'time hack' for projects, HP replenishing, mission update, etc. Just set forward the iDevice's time accordingly, and your timed projects will follow your iDevice's time. I'm playing on my Ipad, so it doesn't matter that my Ipad's clock is wrong anyway. Resources can't be hacked with the time hack, because they're based on the server's clock.

- The companion is really really important here, so choosing a companion wisely is essential.

- The smuggler appears from time to time, selling IAP goodies. The really important ones are: megathorne pistol (for earlier levels, you may not need it), S3 SMG (you'll use this till the end), and Spidey (companion). So these are the only essential IAP, imo. Just keep upgrading those 3, and you'll beat the game eventually.

- Carry LOTS of grenades and medpacks when going to high level enemies and/or bosses. If you lose, don't choose 'reanimate' (paying 20 gems). Just choose defeat, do time hack to replenish HP, and go at it again

- Anomaly researches are costly, but very important in resource gathering, including getting gems. So try to research those asap.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-05-2014, 04:07 PM
iguana83 iguana83 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2
Default

Hello,

I am stuck at the elysium cargo ship, how to beat the big guy whith the sheald what shoots grenaats.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-15-2014, 06:07 AM
Crrowby Crrowby is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2
Default PSI attack

Hi all, I'm happy to found this thread, even though I'm playing this game from android
My question is pretty noob: I missed that part of the tutorial, when the psi attack was introduced and I have no idea how to perform it The screen turns b&w and the mob to red, the rifle starts flashing offering to switch to it, but then it the switching is performed and nothing more happened. Is it a gesture, isn't it? The game starts to become pretty hard without this. Thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-22-2014, 04:20 PM
Kotovsky Kotovsky is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 326
Default

There is a button on the right side of the screen with ligtning - that's for psi strike. Press it when it's full colored for max effect. Each time it consumes crystallite.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-23-2014, 04:44 PM
Crrowby Crrowby is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2
Default

Oh thanks, then it's clear I mixed the psi strike with "switch to rifle/shotgun now!" skill. I haven't got psi strike yet. Thx again!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-31-2014, 02:57 PM
kittelmann kittelmann is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1
Default

I'm puzzled by a few things, and perhaps some of you can sort them out for me!

The partners do damage to the foes. It is possible to see the damage they do both in the profile/partner screen and also a summary about damage done after battle. If the profile/partners screen it says damage per shot - but nowhere does it display shots per second. I have just "upgrades" from Frisky to Spidey (from 40 damage to 65) and seen the partner damage in the fights drop by 30-40%. Is there anywhere to get rate of fire, average dps, or something similar? I bought Spidey, but now it seems like a total waste of money...

The balancing seems to be off in some parts. Spiders and worms are always easy, while some combinations of humans are hard (like armored, those with knives that run to close range fast, ...). I'd rather take a lvl4 spider pack than a lvl3 human pack (and I'm lvl25 now).

What secondary weapon should I use? Are shotguns worth it, or do I need to wait go get enemies in close range for them to be worth while? And how to rate machine guns vs assault rifles? Seems to be an issue with rpm here...

And for pvp defence. Which partners are used - is it the two last partners I've used (used or just selected?), or is it the 2 partners which are upgraded the most?

Is there some kind of manual somewhere that explains all these things? I'm using [url]http://evolution.gamepedia.com/Evolution_Battle_for_Utopia_Wiki[/url] which seems to cover quite a lot of the game; but far from everything.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent