Good place that sells 3d models?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Osmiral, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I'm not very good at 3d modeling and am mostly a programmer and was looking for a place that sold cheap good low poly 3d models that work well on the ipod. Is there such a place?

2. Osmiral

Nov 19, 2009
    #3 Osmiral, Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
    Thanks, found some good models from those sites:)

also I was wondering, at the dexsoft-games place, can you go inside the buildings like the sci fi buildings or industrial buildings?

3. debtOFskittles

debtOFskittles Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    hobbytown ;)

probably best just to hire an animator

4. Osmiral

Nov 19, 2009
    Yeah, but that would probably be a lot more expensive, I don't have much money to spend on models.

5. yarri

yarri Well-Known Member

#6 yarri, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  6. Tymex

Tymex Member

Feb 28, 2010
    You can also find some great 3D models on 3docean.net at really good prices.

7. Kyle Poole

Kyle Poole Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    3drt.com is great, but they are a bit overused now... For example, I used their spaceships about 10 years ago for a 3d game called Galactic Realms on the Tapwave Zodiac handheld (PalmOS), and a screenshot was even featured in a recent OpenGL programming book. Now those same models are used in just about every indie space game out there hehehe eg Warp Gate

So if you are going to use them, be sure to check your competitors if they are using the same models, or at least come up with some modified designs and textures...