Universal Bike Baron - (by Mountain Sheep & Qwiboo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TimoVihola, Oct 19, 2011.

1. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Welcome to TA! And congrats on #1! :)

So what is your time on JC3?

Thanks for the tip for the three spikes. I figured there was a better way like that, but I hadn't been able to do that. That will help speed it up, because my transition is slow.

And you are welcome for the "mounting the bomb bridge" tip. That was me. ;)

2. attaboyBrad

attaboyBrad Member

Oct 25, 2011
    1:49.660 for JC3.

Have any tips for the bomb bridge? Right now I'm gunning it at the gas pump and hitting "lean forward" when my front tire hits the first bomb. I hold that until I lose momentum, around 9 bombs to go, then it's a total hit or miss scramble until I can push the remainer into the gap. I make it over 1 time in 20 if I'm lucky. The rest of JC3 I can repeat pretty reliably, but even if I strung every move together perfectly, I can't imagine I'd even be close to sub minute times, much less 30 seconds.

Any more time I spend on JC3 (unlikely) will be looking for whatever secret method the makers used that I'm not seeing. Going to focus on Dragon's Teeth. At 13 minutes for that one, but I think the star times are possible. Stupid hard, but possible.

3. r2ks8x

r2ks8x Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    wow pretty decent score you got there 148 million congrats but im busy on other games waiting for the tweak update on jc3 held the #1 spot for like 3 days :p

4. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    I'm at 2:10. I know I could do a lot better. I just got to the bomb bridge in 28 seconds, but then it took me 1.5 minutes to get past.

I use the same technique I use for climbing the big hills. I gun it across the bomb bridge, and before my back tire touches a bomb, I start repeatedly tapping the right arrow until I slow down. That will usually get me far enough to where I can push the rest over, or I have to go over 2-3 more bombs. But tapping right helps to keep that back tire off the bombs.

But like you, sometimes that technique gets me across in a few tries, and others it still takes me a dozen or more.

I still haven't finished Dragon's Teeth at all. So if I can ever do that, then that will help give me a bigger score boost.

5. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #425 Echoseven, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
    How strange - apparently a 46-minute long ghost run REALLY lags your game. :rolleyes:

6. attaboyBrad

attaboyBrad Member

Oct 25, 2011
    #426 attaboyBrad, Oct 25, 2011
    Throwing up a vid of completing Dragon's Teeth now (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxGdrVztbqc, it's upside down right now but youTube is rendering the flip and it should be live shortl). Hope it will help everybody out. Not going to waste more time on JC3 since they're going to change it. The video length is sub 1:30 and isn't trimmed precisely, so I guess the star times are possible, though I'm at 13m.

Note that, on the "teeth", I'm not just repeating the same technique haphazardly. Near the end it's really important not to sink back like you probably will on the earlier teeth because the gap is narrower and you'll hit your head, guaranteed. Likewise, on the second to last tooth the gap is wider and you won't be able to jump it if you're sunk back. Finally, on the very last tooth, since there's no tooth in front to catch your front tire you'll crash if you try to jump it from a sunk back position. Hopefully what I mean by "sunk back" will be clear once you've seen the vid: basically the difference between having the tooth wedged between the front tire and the frame and the rear tire and the frame.

Finally, note that if you're bike gets pierced on a tooth like I did on the first tooth, you can rescue yourself sometimes by punching the gas then leaning back and tapping the gas repeatedly to get your front tire back up.

Finally finally, note that if you don't brake and wheelie under the finish line, you'll crash and probably smash your iDevice like I nearly did after spending 40 minutes on the last obstacle and having to go through it again. I still crashed the finish line in the vid but I got the wheel under in the nick.

Edit: new time 6:22. Crashed while going under the finish line at 1:57. Then again at 2:40. FML.

7. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Thanks for the video, but I'm seeing a "private" message, so I'm not able to watch it (maybe it is still uploading?).

I look forward to watching it, though I don't think it will help me. I was just playing Dragon's Teeth for about 10 minutes, and I cannot do those teeth at all. Once in awhile I'll get in a rhythm, and hop a few teeth. But I've only ever made it to the 4th to last one.

8. attaboyBrad

attaboyBrad Member

Oct 25, 2011
    #428 attaboyBrad, Oct 25, 2011
    Is public now.

I'm getting on a roll with the teeth. I can regularly get to the finish line before 3 minutes. Can't, however, seem to get under it as yet.

Edit: New best 1:35.

9. VonWillebrand

VonWillebrand Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Europe
    #429 VonWillebrand, Oct 25, 2011
    I can finally do JC3 pyramids without fail. I guess someone tried to explain it here a few days ago but in my opinion the easiest way is to use a 3 finger method: put the front wheel on the base of the pyramid, hit gas and quicky tap forward one time, THEN use 2 fingers to press both forward and back at the same time while keeping the 3rd finger on the gas. The bike goes up without fail. Even completed the level now. Of course I got 0 stars because A. the bomb bridge cannot be crossed without exploding atleast 1 time due to random object (bomb) mechanics B. the time limits are ridiculous.

Has ANYONE unlocked Joker Cat 4 or the EXTREME bonus/joker level?! The latter would obviously require 3 starring Dragon's teeth. I can only get 1 star at the moment...MIGHT get 2 at the cost of my own sanity and many hours of trying. And I don't feel like doing it. :) They should give a medal to the person who unlocks both of these.

10. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Damn, you made it look so easy! I see you tap the left button a lot. I think I may have to try and mimic that technique. You'll probably get 2 stars soon. The bit after the teeth looks really tough.

11. attaboyBrad

attaboyBrad Member

Oct 25, 2011
    #431 attaboyBrad, Oct 25, 2011
    Holy crap. Why does pushing both forward and back at the same time work on JC3? Is that a technique that is useful anywhere else? I just dropped my JC3 to 1:13 without even trying.

Edit: Holding both forward and backward lean locks the rider in the current degree of lean. Thus, he is leaning slightly forward at a constant angle when riding the pyramids, the same (but more reliable) as if one is tapping lean.

12. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    Finally! Just got 2 stars on Dragon's Teeth. 2:36 was my time.

13. VonWillebrand

Oct 9, 2010
    Europe
    That technique works elsewhere as well. There isn't much need for it in other levels though.

14. VonWillebrand

Oct 9, 2010
    Europe
    How do you clear the last part after the bomb bridge? I can do it slowly but to get stars I'd have to be faster.

15. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    How in the world do you get the first coin in Sawbones? That's the only Star left to get in the Hard levels, not including jokers.

16. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Get as close to the bombs as possible then lean forward to get the first coin in sawbones.

Can anyone help with the pyramids? I have no idea how to get pass them at all.

17. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    Uhhhh. Wrong level? Sawbones doesn't have any bombs near the first Coin.

18. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Opps sorry I was thinking of sawbones second coin. The first coin is easy, press stop and back button together until your bike is resting on top of the left pedestral. Continue pressing stop and back, your bike will cut through the first pedestral and go all the way down until reaching the first coin.

19. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Here's 2 screenshots to help you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    Haha, that's how I thought it would be, never tried it though. Stupid me.