Universal Supermagical (by Gala Pocket)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TheFrost, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Wait, what? How far in the game were these? I played KS for a few levels and didn't seem anything special, looks like I'll have to give it a second chance.

2. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    I'm loving the game, but a few of the times for three star rankings are absurd. I have gone back to most levels and been able to do them fairly quickly and do it under the minimum time for three stars without too much of a problem. One glaring example is the puzzle map on the top right of the second continent (snowy area), just above Manuel. I spent a good 15 minutes timing everything perfect and my best time was around 15.10 seconds. Tapping the screen before it says go to shoot immediately where I need to when allowed, then timing the next spell queue to shoot immediately after the Minx die (after being separated) for the other spells. I'm not saying this level is impossible to three-star, but the time should be reexamined.

3. Owllady77

Owllady77 New Member

Aug 30, 2012
    That what I think too... Thanks :D

4. Ephesian

Ephesian Member

Aug 29, 2012
    #324 Ephesian, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
    Actually sometimes I flap the screen myself, I felt like playing with my right hand, it can aim better, though its wired to see everything upside down

5. Ephesian

Ephesian Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I had finish all lvl with 3 stars, didnt know ill have a epic ending until i saw it here, I did the last level again and I saw it, this epic ending was quite funny i think, really didnt thought that will happen lol

I'm trying to do all the achievement as well, but I couldn't get the achievement of collect all the hats and pets, but I got them all i believe, 3 hats and 3 pets, hat for double money, hat for collect money, hat for aiming, the turtle pet, the sheep and the mouse, am I missing anything???? I went to all the shops I couldn't find more.

Another one is the money bag, I couldn't find the money bag in world 3, Manuel's friendship x1 and Stigma x1, any tips where they are? I almost start to believe they don't exists :eek: That's the only 2 achievement I didn't complete

6. Kikekun

Kikekun Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    We'll look into that!

7. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    @Ephesian: Ok, about the missing money bags, just try behind the floating towers on map 3, on the Sapphire Tower area ;)

About the achievement, we'll look into that. It might be a bug we overlooked because maybe you got some hats or pets through the piƱatas and the game did not detect that properly...

8. Xenosage

Xenosage Well-Known Member

The bags are there (in Third World), just as Kikekun said, look behind the towers.

Talking about three stars, I do also have a problem with Snowy Area. I'm trying to do it as fast as possible, but still I've only managed to get 15.20.

The game itself is great, I haven't played so polished and beautiful game since January (Terra Noctis). The best thing is the music. It so amazing that it stuck in my head :)

Graphically its superb. I can only hope there will be a sequel one day :)

9. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    Thanks a lot for the kind words.
    I'll contact our designer to see if there is any way to get lower time count on that level. Have you tried maybe using a bubble gum?

And it still is too early to talk about a sequel, sorry!

10. nestor

nestor Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    The level they are talking about is a Puzzle level, where you get a set amount of already chosen bubbles to do it. I've been having the same issue too, where I can't get lower than around 15.20 or so.

11. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    About story mode updates, maybe if the game sells well enough we'll support it beyond the two multiplayer modes. There is a DIY Mode already planned too.

And the secrets are on the temples with musical jewels. You'll notice that if you touch some floating jewels on the temples, they make a sound, so the right musical combination opens up a secret level:)

12. tabtabtabby

tabtabtabby New Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Can I save my game? I wanna move playing from my iphone to the ipad. Will the save game sync with gpotato account? Thank you.

13. coderdude

coderdude New Member

Apr 5, 2012
    I've been playing Supermagical on iOS6 beta (somehow I was able to skip the intro video that typically crashes it).

Money in the game is VERY tight, but if you hold out and buy the gold hat as your first item it really helps.

It is REALLY sad to see that some items cost as much as 150,000 gold. In my opinion that is completely unbalanced since I've played through the entire game (each level multiple times to get all 3 stars) and have accumulated somewhere around 50,000 gold (if that). While I do still earn gold when playing for fun (and not necessarily grinding) it's apparent that I will never reach that without buying gold. :(

Even after feeling extorted for gold by the game I show my support buy buying a Developers Check. As far as I can tell, nothing happened at all. Just a waste of 10,000 gold that could have bought a useful item. Too bad really. :(

I've completed every level with 3 stars with the exception of Underworld Gates due to the fact that it crashes the game when I try to launch it! :(

I've also found all but one of the money bags. I can't find the last one of Manuel's Friendship. I've looked FOREVER! If anyone can provide the locations it would be appreciated.

Something that would be really nice is a "Retry Level" option on the level summary screen. It really stinks waiting for the map to load just to reenter the level when trying to get 3 stars!

One bug I've noticed is that the gold counter that appears while playing a game (at the bottom left) ends on a different value than the summary does at the end of the level (Total Chococoins). Not a huge deal, but its a let down to see your final score lower that what it made you think you had. :(

Anyway, overall it's a great game with a few minor issues! Can't wait to be able to play the last level!

14. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Is there a hint as to what the musical combos are for the secret levels ?
    Is it in the theme song for that area or something obscure?

15. Xenosage

Xenosage Well-Known Member

#335 Xenosage, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
    coderdude - for Manuel's gold sack, look in the middle, behind those flying towers. I don't remember exactly, but it was somewhere in left-bottom corner (of this particular island). Or I might be wrong, and it is in left part of the map, in area of this big castle, house or whatever. Anyway, look in these places. I'm sure you'll find it.

16. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    I just randomly tapped and unlocked all three areas in no time... :)

17. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Are there volume controls in this game? It's killing my ears at times.

18. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    Nope...sorry.

About the musical combos...all I can say is that you don't have to repeat any note...haha. I don't even know them myself!

19. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Can you adjust the sound in an update? Some of the sound effects scream in my ear whereas others are very soft.

20. Doron

Doron Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Keeps crashing during the story on iOS6

The game keeps crashing at the same place on iOS 6 during the start of the story and doesn't save. So i can't get any further then that.