Universal Plague Inc. - (by Ndemic Creations)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ndemic Creations, May 26, 2012.

1. Kayg0000

Kayg0000 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    #1001 Kayg0000, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
    Scoring

I believe we all agree score is based on % cure, and DNA sequence complexity makes sense and is supported by the scores.

I would like to add one more, method of winning, enslave vs killing + enslave.

I have a trick that allows me to prevent the first death message and go straight to enslaved, but my best score is 808,000 approx, by what I call "pure enslave"

If I don't use this trick and allow the first death message, actually have some deaths, and then get the enslave message then my best score is 1.77 million, by what I call "death or enslave"

A standard DNA sequence pure enslave gets me around 500,000 points.
    A complex DNA sequence pure enslave gets me around 800,000 points.
    A complex DNA sequence kill and enslave get me around 1,770,000 points.

All 1% cure, so I suggest that both the level of complexity and how you win affect score. Thoughts?

Open to criticism.

2. redpill

redpill Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Not all 1% is equal. The cure % is a rounded number in how it gets displayed, but the actual value is what goes into the score calculation. The DNA complexity seems like its 1x vs 2x modifier since the complex scores look roughly twice as much. In the end I think it's cure % base times complexity modifier.

3. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    1.97 million.

4. Mkesaber

Mkesaber Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2012
    how? once you collect enough DNA, what do you evolve and in what order?

5. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    Once enough DNA buy all remaining symptoms, and gene hard 1+2, so all I need to buy is shuffles. Return to main screen, pop ups, wait for enslaved, buy shuffles, return to main screen, wait, victory screen.

6. zoser55

zoser55 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    #1006 zoser55, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
    I just took your guys strategy and tried to go as extreme as possible in terms of severity etc.

Used Trojans over 22years to get 755 DNA points (after doing the basic strategy to fully infect) then all at once full transitions including the mutation/worm food stuff on top right - full Trojan abilities and full reshuffle / hardening. I only had cold 1 as those don't add severity or infections. All symptoms except obsession (i find sometimes they OCD over eliminating the worm) then let it play out - it took only a few days and I don't think more than 5% were dead before enslavement popped up - at which point I got in and bought obsession.

Result : 2.9mm With 0% Cure

7. redpill

Dec 22, 2011
    Switched up the genes a bit, instead of sympto-stasis I used ionized helix so it would be harder to cure. Of course this meant symptoms would be more expensive.

So I then saved up 1,000 DNA, which was enough to buy everything except water transmissions. (Bought everything I could just to be thorough).

4.5 million.

Attached Files:

8. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Those my friend are some impressive stats.

9. redpill

Dec 22, 2011
    Since it seems that complexity is a variable in score it's possible that owning the transmissions and such was part of the score boost.

When I saved up the 1,000 DNA I had already purchased the safe symptoms, drug 1&2, cold 1&2, heat 1&2, the fifth climate one (forgot the name), then genetic hardening 1&2, gene reshuffle 1, 2, & 3, and Trojan planes 1, 2 & 3. So the 1,000 was in top of that, and I still came up short on two of the water transmissions and I think one Trojan Roamer. And Obsession happened to mutate right at the end.

So if someone wants to spend a full day saving up another couple hundred more than I did you could literally buy everything remaining at once and maybe eek out a slightly better score. Good luck to you if you do, after the 1,000 DNA run I don't want to see a Trojan plane again for a long time, lol.

10. zoser55

zoser55 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    thanks for coming up with this strategy to being with...

took the time to go all the way plus some - saved up 1600 DNA after basic start - it took over 50 years game time... i think evolving all the reshuffles along with everything else might make it harder for the cure so score higher.

I also agree about obsession - try to get that only at very last second if possible.

It took a number of days longer (like 15-20 days) than my last game for the world to turn enslaved with as much as 15% dead (last time only like 5 days with 4% dead - Cure was 0%)

This time Result: 6.255mm with Cure reading 1%

Guess there might be some randomness to enslavement and room for this score to be higher if the enslavement happens faster and less cure.

Don't know if i have the patience to do it again.

11. redpill

Dec 22, 2011
    Epic patience, great run, I don't think I have it in me to do 1,600 DNA, even with 1,000 I was asking myself "wtf am I doing" lol. Will be interesting to hear Ndemic's opinion on the Trojan plane phenomenon if/when he revisits.

12. zoser55

zoser55 Member

Nov 22, 2012

What is your trick for skipping death message and getting to pure enslavement, if you don't mind sharing.

If i know I have a way of getting to enslavement as fast as possible once pulling the trigger on all symptoms, abilities & transmissions - I would make another 1600 DNA run and see if it can be done with a real 0% cure effort.

I've done about 4 of these long runs and have had different results every time in terms of how many days, % of death & % of cure effort (variance here is inside of 1% - as it's rounded so no way of knowing for sure except checking Research amount in the Cure tab every day until end screen - which is still a guesstimate)

There has to be a max possible score if there is a real 0% cure effort and one has enabled all the disease properties.

Thanks

13. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    #1013 Kayg0000, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
    Trick

Warning, as posted on page 101 I believe this will half (approx) you score.

To cause the enslave pop up skipping death pop up, you have to be discovered by the peer pressure sequence.

Infect as you normally would, make sure you get "no more healthy people" on total infection otherwise start again. Once you have all the DNA you need, spend just a little to cause severity of exactly 2. I generally do this with immaturity, confusion and memory loss, but I don't buy all the reduce severity symptoms to start with.

Wait for the rumours pop up, then the pressure for investigate, then the riots pop up. At that point buy everything else, return and wait for enslave which should be first pop up. Buy shuffles, return, victory screen.

14. Ndemic Creations

Ndemic Creations Well-Known Member

Will take a look at Trojan Planes. Re natural disaster - no not possible

Yep - this is as intended - you can increase the amount of infected they add as well through evolutions

Hi Patrick

The android and ios code is identical. Make sure your friend is running the latest android build!

Crazy fast!

It is what I intended - my logic was that the worms could meet with other worms and share their experiences - thus getting more DNA :p

Investigating - thanks

That is a long Plague :p

Impressive score!

Does take a lot of patience!
    Re Trojan planes - they are working as I intended. If they are giving excessive amounts of DNA, I may do something but currently it seems to balance with the time that people spend on the game...?

15. Ndemic Creations

Ndemic Creations Well-Known Member

Hah - this is a cool trick!

16. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    Tried using metabolic hijack to help with long diseases

The plan was to use hijack to collect the red/orange bubbles so I could concentrate on only the Trojan plane DNA

Disease: Brutal - Worm
    Start: China
    Genes: Metabolic Hijack, Terracyte, Sympto Statis, Genetic Minic, Extremophile

Hijack pops the red/orange bubbles but does NOT give the DNA. For each bubble I should get 1 point of DNA.

After spending initial infection points on Neural Breach, Cerebral Tendrils, Adrenergic Constriction, Anoxiolytic Infusion, Psychosis, Frontal Mesh. then spending the DNA from infecting people on Trojan planes 1, 2 and 3, I noticed lots of red/orange bubbles being auto-pop'd but no DNA points being added to my total DNA.

17. redpill

Dec 22, 2011
    Thanks for stopping in again, good to know!

It may be getting too nuanced, but it could be interesting to have the Trojan plane DNA reward scale above 1 based on the number of people it infects, factoring on a few things:

- the number of infected in the host country (more 'knowledge' to share from a larger population of infected)

- a maximum cap of potential infectees in the target country calculated as a percentage of the population there (i.e. maximum number of 3% of uninfected population being impacted). If a target country is entirely infected, the Trojan plane would only yield 1 DNA.

The thinking is that you would get a bigger DNA boost from going from one large infected country to another large uninfected country, scaling higher than the maximum of 3 in the current version. This would mean people could take a much more strategic approach to using Trojan planes, and that would pay dividends because after the world was infected they would then only get 1 DNA per Trojan plane.

18. Mkesaber

Oct 10, 2012
    #1018 Mkesaber, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
    Insane Bolt Challenge

Now that the high score in worm has been laid to rest, time to move on to a new challenge.

Insane Bolt in every level.

My top scores.

Bacteria - 199
    Virus - 195
    Fungus - 285
    Parasite - 257
    Prion - 290
    Nano Virus- 168 !!!!
    Bio Weapon - 227
    Cheat - 90

I know i'm behind to redpill in bacteria and virus.

19. Mkesaber

Oct 10, 2012
    DNA Genes need fixing

I confirm it's not working. Ndemic please address!

The metabolic jump is also not working, only awards 1 DNA instead of 2. The cytochrome surge seems also weak, very little bonus awarded.

20. redpill

Dec 22, 2011
    #1020 redpill, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
    Despite my concern for my own sanity I decided to make one last DNA run to test whether leftover DNA may have a big impact on score. I think it does.

Since nothing exceeds like excess, I went to 2500 DNA, then bought everything except obsession until I got the enslaved message, then bought obsession and the game quickly ended.

9.2 million

Attached Files: