Remakes/ports of fighting games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by richmlow, Jan 23, 2012.

1. richmlow

richmlow Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Research Mathematician
    Hi all,

I've been playing with King of Fighters and Soulcalibur (iOS) recently....really good stuff! I'm especially impressed with the polish and quality of the recently released Soulcalibur. =)

Cmon Sega...we need a quality port of Virtua Fighter 2, and not some sloppy emulation of VF2 (Genesis version).

richmlow

2. Marcus89

Marcus89 Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Oo we get Soul Calibur?? Awesome! Problem with the iTunes store is big games like this can show up and we never hear about it. £7.99 is a lot for an app though, how does it control?

Fighting games on iOS... Well, I love my Streets of Rage 2, I play that constantly, but I'd love to have a Super Smash Bros. styled game, I know those 'tards at Nintendo are refusing to get with the times, but it could be done with other characters. Street Fighter 4 is on here, but I'd prefer Street Fighter 2, maybe the HD version that came to Xbox...

3. richmlow

richmlow Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Research Mathematician
    It controls quite well. Soulcalibur is certainly my favorite iOS fighter right now. It has Retina graphics, unlockables, no IAPs, different modes, as well as future modes planned.