Twitter

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Infinity89, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I'm new to twitter so don't know how to tweet?Also I tried to tweet and retweet a few posts but they don't show up!
    Is that normal that the person can't see his tweets?I can see tweets on my home page but not on the website to which I made the tweets.
    Can somebody help me?
    Thanks!

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It's hard to understand what you're trying to say... you can see your tweets on your own feed, but you can't see them on someone else's? That's normal. Typing @someone won't make it appear in their feed, only stuff they tweet or retweet goes there. They'll still see what you've said to them though, unless it's someone incredibly popular who gets way too many mentions to bother with.

3. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    I meant to say if I reteewt a tweet will it be visible to others on the same page on which I reteewted?
    Also it is visible on my feed but I can't see it on the page on which I retweeted.I can see others tweets and retweets on the page?

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    If you retweet somebody, it'll appear on your feed. You can't control what appears anywhere else.

If you're seeing retweets on somebody else's page, it's because they put it there themselves.

5. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    Actually I can't see the retweet on my feed aswell.I just see the retweet icon with the tweet that I retweet.Is that what you meant?