I cant get apps from iTunes suddenly?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by trazer, Dec 4, 2013.

1. trazer

trazer Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    So, anyone else having issues when trying to get an app today? As of right now when I try to redeem a code, purchase any app free or paid I get "This Apple ID cannot be used for the iTunes store. Enter another Apple ID."

Uh, that's new to me at least. Hoping that it's just a glitch on Apples side.

2. trazer

trazer Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Update, it is an apple problem, tons of reports in the apple community forums.

I fixed it by moving my date up to august of 2014, downloaded one app, put the date back and my ipad is now fine. Can't sign in on desktop though still.

3. Thanks I went nuts trying to figure out why I couldn't search on itunes on my ipad nor make a purchase. I change it to a future date...Aug 2014 and also Jan 2014 and rebooted ipad each time and voila works great. Screwing everything else up though. Hope Apple figures out their Y2K bug or whatever they choose to call it.

4. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Cool nice to know. I haven't come across this bug yet

5. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Same for me in not able to buy. Apple even sent an e-mail stating a new device was trying to access my account which in fact was my very own iPad I'd bought tons of games on already. Ended up going to my PC to buy and download the game and right after I tried using the iPad and was sucessful in purchasing games once again.

6. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Help... :(

How about this? Anyone here face the same problem as mine? I've tried to switch store to US, NZ, ID but all give the same result. Most of the games are missing from the list, not only games but also other apps. It's happened since last Friday.

Attached Files: