Metadata & Uploads Editing

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by endodoug, Jun 30, 2014.

1. endodoug

endodoug Well-Known Member

Does editing your metadata or screenshots after submitting cause your review to take longer? Like its a new submission date.

2. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Anything that changes your spot in the queue requires a resubmit which Apple will tell you about. If you think the screenshots and metadata need changing you should change them even if you lose your spot in the queue because they drive organic downloads.

3. optimizemyapps.com

optimizemyapps.com Active Member

Jan 10, 2014
    App Store Optimization Expert
    @endodoug - Are you are asking if after uploading your Binary to the App store & your App is in the status "Waiting for Review" & you make changes to say App Name, Keywords, Screenshots? & if this has a impact of resetting your wait time.

I dont think it makes a difference i.e., it doesnt put you back at the end of the queue, as I have seen my app go into review the next day after I made some last minute changes

4. endodoug

endodoug Well-Known Member

@optimizemyapps.com - That is exactly what I'm asking. I got approval soon after posting, but it was several days longer than avg time from @appreviewtime. I know they can vary, but wasn't sure about my changes affecting the time. I'm new to the process and want to schedule launches for future projects, so thought I'd ask.

Thanks for the input.

5. OnlyJoe

OnlyJoe Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Auckland
    I am pretty sure that it doesn't have any effect. I quite often change keywords or the description, even the name of the app sometimes, while it is waiting for review. I have never noticed that these apps take any longer than normal to get reviewed.

I think the only thing that resets it is if you reject your binary and submit a new one.