Have anyone tried Daniel Roberts for advertising?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by inter.illusion, Apr 19, 2015.

1. inter.illusion

inter.illusion Well-Known Member

May 17, 2012
    Hi Guys,

I released the Brush Master game for IOS, Android and WP8. And a week later I received an email from Daniel Roberts offering helping me with advertising.

This is their IOS pdf (he also sent me IOS+Android combo, etc)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Kn-Wg5NfaDMHl2YmVLYmhTUlE/view?usp=sharing

For what's offered, even the Starter Media Package looks like a great deal!

However, I'm a bit concerned about this been an scam. I couldn't find any web link or even a blog, an its suspicious that someone that works on marketing has not even a facebook page listed on its brochure.
    Also, all payments has to be done in bitcoins, which is fine, but in case of an scam I can't set a dispute and have the possibility of the bank reimbursing most of the payed amount. In this regard even PayPal is more trustworthy as far as I know.

Have any of you tried their services before? Or know if their have a secret web page that I haven't been able to google?
    Thanks
    Frank

2. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    I haven't tried but I think you are right to think the way you are. His just praying on apps which haven't done well offering hope at a reasonable price.

He might be from a country which doesn't accept paypal as well (or have his paypal account banned).

3. philarmon

philarmon New Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Not sure how it is now but about a year ago there was no way to get a refund from PayPal if the product or service was delivered digitally. So you have to be careful who you work with even with PayPal payments

4. Eggsavior

Eggsavior Active Member

Mar 19, 2015
    We receive, like, 2-3 of such letters in a week. He's a travelling salesman, just ignore him.

If you an indie developer and you need promotion, you can do most of these things yourself. Even though, this won't give you any significant boost in downloads and certainly won't pay for itself. By the way, paid reviews are illegal, and 90% review websites in this list are never visited by any people who actually want to find a new game to play.

The prices are pretty fair though.

5. inter.illusion

inter.illusion Well-Known Member

May 17, 2012
    Hi,
    Thanks for answers!
    Indeed this looks shady so I'm just going to ignore it.

Thanks,
    Frank