iPhone The War of Eustrath HD

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 4, 2010.

1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Sorry to hear that. It's definitely beatable -- I did it on my first try, and so have many others. It's a matter of approaching it tactically and making the right choices as you move through the stage.

2. iJoe

iJoe Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Yeah, and just plain dumb luck.

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Hey -- no question. Then again, plain dumb luck has been a major factor in every military conflict in history.

4. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    That pretty much sums up countless Fire Emblem situations for me.

One time, I had an archer up against a boss unit, and I was pretty much screwed: if he got an attack on me (he had 100% hit chance), my archer was dead (permanently), and one shot from my archer wasn't enough to kill him, but a critical was. Only, I had a 3% chance of a critical, and the whole mission hinged upon this.

And whaddya know, I got a critical.

5. Karma32

Karma32 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    #85 Karma32, Jun 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
    Hi guys! I really need your help on stage 37 please. I'm about to give up on this game.

There's a bunch of powerful guys everywhere along with Duran, Ascard is on the bottom left but he doesn't move until I kill everyone, then Duran comes back with a more powerful gear when I kill him and that's the only time Ascard will move. But he gets to Duran and he doesn't do anything at all, he just follows him. My guys surround him and hitting him with everything, but when his health gets to a point he just heals himself. I've gotten his health down low 15x over and he just heals himself, and that Ascard guy doest do Jack ****. it's a never ending battle, no one gets killed and he just will not die cuz he keeps healing himself.

I've even restarted the same stage with the ridiculous results. What the hell is going on? Please someone help, this game is at a standstill, not because I'm dying, but because the enemy just won't die at all and Ascard doesn't do anything but follow Duran. It's getting so annoying and confusing :confused:

The stage is called - Stage 37: Duran, The Iron-Shield Berserker.

6. Brt

Brt New Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Save your will on your strongest gears. You have to kill him before he gets a chance to heal, which means utilizing full force, possibly prompt action, and most of your in combat abilities. You also need attacks that do superior damage to him, and terrain to lower his defenses.

7. Karma32

Karma32 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Thanks for reply. I'll give it a shot when I get the chance.

8. Ember

Ember Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Version 1.01 is online.

Version 1.01 is now available on App Store.

Please update before clearing the game.
    Previous version had a bug in Game Ending that you'd see no ending.

Ember,
    iQubi Inc.

9. FoundInTheFlood

Jun 17, 2010
    From what i see there is no way to make it with tactics. It's just unbeatable :/ Could it be that i got through stages to fast and missed some XP or something? I'm really pretty good in strategy games but this blocks me out :(

10. iJoe

iJoe Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    I agree. I've yet to beat the final stage myself, mainly because of all the time I would have to spend with it. Plus, some of us do level up differently. I tried to get my weak healer to take a lot of enemies out to raise her level bar, and missed opportunities to have the 'extra experience' ability with some characters. If only they allowed for an 'infinite' level of stages. Not connected to the story, but that have restrictions and constantly mix and match but allow you to gain the upper-hand in the game.

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    He's talking about stage 10, not the final stage. To give people some context, stage 10 is about 1/5 of the way through the game.

12. Thaurin

Thaurin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Done!

13. Sukal

Sukal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Devs, I would like to in quire on the progress of the iphone version.

14. FoundInTheFlood

Jun 17, 2010
    Posted it in the wrong thread, so here again:

I finally got further, i wont spoiler the game by telling how. It's not as primitive as i thought

Im in level 18, A reason to right. How can i kill that overwhelming number of bad elementals without the ability to heal?

15. iJoe

iJoe Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    HAHAHA. I HATED that part. Took me well over a hour to beat it too! But uh yeah...All I gotta say is, tackle the lower level ones first. And if the tougher guys try to attack you. Dodge and evade! And when you have a good advantage that you can attack and dodge their attack, then keep that formula in mind. Restart the game if that happens, so you can play it over and over again. I remember I was one last guy down, but had low Will. So basically I had to play cat and mouse and move, all the way across the stage, *wait, earn +1 or +2. move, *wait, earn +1 or +2. You get the idea. Maybe I had lousy tactics but it was one of the first levels that I had to keep doing over and over. And considering the lack of enemies...I was even more frustrated...:mad:

16. tychay

tychay Member

Jan 1, 2010
    #96 tychay, Jul 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
    It's easier to defend than to attack on that board. Also remember with Tia, her largest damage is range 2, not range 1. The trick is to kill one of the weak dudes quickly (the sides are 1/2 the level of the people on the corners), so that you can get Evade and increase your odds (I assume you level'd your character down and that's why you are having trouble).

As with any hard boards, it is important to manage your willpower. You can throw the multi attack in a limited manner (I didn't do so because energy for my GEAR was a little tight, but I wasn't upgrading her that much.)

Another cheap way is to just do a quicksave before every move until you get the roll you want.

Just some comments. Besides the bugs in the translation (obvious), some frustrating aspects are

1) The ability to move backward or re-see a dialog/tutorial page (move backward, request for help). You can only go through tutorial pages once and it's easy to miss important things (like willpower or terrain).

2) The tutorial screens need to be better. It takes a while to figure out what the arrows on terrain mean and there was no pointer to the elemental class of the enemy in the display. Also, no mention of the "attack to heal" function that appears in some of the GEARs.

3) The ability to skip dialogs. Just because I often forget to quicksave when I start a board.

17. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    I agree with above... The tutorial did not cover everything. I understand it may be laid out over missions, but I'm on episode 6 and haven't learned anything about those arrows next to the weapons. Also, abilities like quicken say they increase agility, but there is nothing that explains what how agility plays a role.

Is there any other documentation available for this game, I enjoy it but some of the deciding factors in battles aren't explained enough.

18. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Go to the developer's website and check out the forums -- they've put together something of a strategy guide.

The combat system is pretty darn deep, though; much of it you will have to figure out through experimentation.

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I know, I know, I keep harping about this game, but I constantly find myself needing to share (in the Oprah sense, I guess).

A few weeks ago I got stuck on Chapter 18 and I put the game aside for a little while. Then I read tychay advice (thank you, by the way) and decided to give it another go. Well, it took a while (and more than a few tries) but I finally beat it. As you can imagine, it was very satisfying, both from a pure gaming perspective but also from the point of view of the story: I felt like Tia had gone through a rite of passage -- earned her stripes, so to speak.

The next chapter (19) took place simultaneously as the previous one, and, for narrative reasons, put you in a dire situation without your strongest Gears. I sighed and got ready for another slog. But then the game did something that was, well, pretty darn brilliant, turning what could have been a frustrating mission into into an awesome kick-ass moment, while at the same time adding another layer of mystery to the story.

So yeah, 12 hours or so into the game and it's still throwing me curveballs.

20. bmn02102

bmn02102 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    I hate you for making this ipad only.

Seriously, why to hell did you do it? Do you ****ing ENJOY loosing money or something?