Polara NOW FREE! (HTW Games) - Universal

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by HTWGames, Jan 24, 2014.

1. HTWGames

HTWGames Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Game Developer
    Toronto/Vancouver
    #1 HTWGames, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
    Here it is, what a lot of people have been waiting for.

Polara is now free with ad support on the itunes store. If you were ever curious about the title or weren't sure if it was worth the dollar, go on and giver a rip bud!

Polara Free

GameClub
    Free Ad Supported Version of Polara! Polara is a new take on the free-runner platformer that incorporates traditional c…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Free Ad Supported Version of Polara! Polara is a new take on the free-runner platformer that incorporates traditional challenging gameplay with color-switching strategy. Utilize color coded speed ramps, launching pads, gravity waves, hex bombs, and energy platforms to survive as you escape the clutches of an evil security system hell bent on destroying all those that oppose. Immerse yourself in the world of Agent Lara, a defense system special agent, that finds herself between a massive world power and the sympathies of a rebel cause. Help her down the path of death defying obstacles to find the truth behind her past, present and future. If you want an innovative game that gets your heart pumping and brings a smile to your face then look no further. Many who've tried have discovered the brilliance behind the level design in this game. We challenge you to try Polara and not get pulled into the free flowing but always changing gameplay. Complexity in simplicity. Chosen one of the top Platformers 2012 - TouchArcade.com http://bit.ly/ZAGjkY 4.5/5 TouchArcade.com **Game of the Week** 4.5/5 148app.com **Editor's Choice** // FEATURES \ - 50 unique and challenging story based levels - 4 Major Boss Battles - 5 beautiful environments - 6 endless unlockable modes - ABSOLUTELY NO IAPs - Fully complemented title - Beautifully painted story artwork - Extended play-through content as story levels unlock collectibles that make you play every level differently
    Information
    Seller:GameClub
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Jan 24, 2014
    Updated:Jan 24, 2014
    Version:1.0
    Size:59.1 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Free running platformer with red and blue switching mechanics similar to Ikaruga. It has been featured on a number of sites, and was chosen as one of the top 10 platformers on TouchArcade in 2012.

This is worth the download just to give it a try. A lot of time and care was put into the level design of this game and progresses through the story with care to provide continual fun and challenge!

Plus it'll get ya swearin like a sailor in minutes! In a good way though ;)

Dig into this one...it only gets better and better as you go!

The game thread is here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=159867

2. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    It's a launch of a Free version.

Not a price drop :confused:

3. HTWGames

Oct 10, 2011
    Game Developer
    Toronto/Vancouver
    Me too... I posted it and it was moved :(

4. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Yeah seen it in the iPhone section.

Maybe you should post it in the original thread!

5. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    But apparently we have all been waiting for it.

6. HTWGames

Oct 10, 2011
    Game Developer
    Toronto/Vancouver
    Not all... a lot of people hahaha and yes we've had a lot of requests to release it as a free version because people weren't too sure about it. It was voted as Game of the Week and a top 10 last year, so it's actually a pretty popular title.

Give it a try!

7. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Wait youre from Toronto? Okay fellow Canucklehead. now I have to try it.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The paid version is among the best of the best of the best twitch-skill-based games to ever exist on the appstore.

9. HTWGames

Oct 10, 2011
    Game Developer
    Toronto/Vancouver
    Indeed.

We also put out Kunundrum for free as well, if you're into slider puzzle games.

But dig into Polara...go into the 20s and 30s of the levels and you might be surprised by the levels and the challenge, etc.

A lot of people really enjoy the game :)

10. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    I requested that they move it back. Hopefully that will happen soon.

BTW, this is a FANTASTIC runner game, with pitch-perfect controls! If you like this free version, don't hesitate to buy the full-price game. It's totally worth it imho. LOVE this runner!

11. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    I understand it's a free version of the same game, with adverts added. We don't need two game threads about exactly the same game, so it made more sense to list this as a price drop. If it's not the same game, the dev can PM me.

12. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Agreed. Get the paid version. Great app!

13. HTWGames

Oct 10, 2011
    Game Developer
    Toronto/Vancouver
    Seems I messaged the wrong person... it is the same game, but I thought I would announce it being free on the main thread since a number of people were interested in knowing if and when.

In here it might be hidden from their eyes, but if that's the way it goes, I suppose its the way it goes.

14. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #14 awp69, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
    BTW, THIS is an example of how to do this. Completely separate app. No conversion BS that usually ends up a complete mess and kills a dev's rep.

Props to HTW. And yes, the game itself is still one of the very best runner/platformers on the App Store. Period.

15. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Not those of us who have the paid version...

16. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    ^^^ Was just going to post this, you beat me to it. Thank you dev for being classy and releasing a separate app instead of taking the easy route and going all freemium on a paid game. My respect level for you has risen immensely. Thank you for being for your honesty and decency. Much appreciated.

17. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    qft.

18. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    still no play - ad supported ok

got the paid version free last feb and still haven't played it ;)

Polara

Polara is a new take on the free-runner platformer that incorporates traditional challenging gameplay with color-switchi…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Polara is a new take on the free-runner platformer that incorporates traditional challenging gameplay with color-switching strategy. Utilize color coded speed ramps, launching pads, gravity waves, hex bombs, and energy platforms to survive as you escape the clutches of an evil security system hell bent on destroying all those that oppose. Immerse yourself in the world of Agent Lara, a defense system special agent, that finds herself between a massive world power and the sympathies of a rebel cause. Help her down the path of death defying obstacles to find the truth behind her past, present and future.

If you want an innovative game that gets your heart pumping and brings a smile to your face then look no further. Many who've tried have discovered the brilliance behind the level design in this game. We challenge you to try Polara and not get pulled into the free flowing but always changing gameplay. Complexity in simplicity.

Chosen one of the top Platformers 2012 - TouchArcade.com http://bit.ly/ZAGjkY

4.5/5 TouchArcade.com **Game of the Week**
    4.5/5 148app.com **Editor's Choice**

// FEATURES \
    - 50 unique and challenging story based levels
    - 4 Major Boss Battles
    - 5 beautiful environments
    - 6 endless unlockable modes
    - ABSOLUTELY NO IAPs - Fully complemented title
    - Beautifully painted story artwork
    - Extended play-through content as story levels unlock collectibles that make you play every level differently
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Oct 11, 2012
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (36)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

19. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Not gonna support android tactics on my apple App Store. Much less a dumbed down version of Outland.

20. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #20 awp69, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
    Then you're missing out on a fantastic game. Outland is good but this is much faster paced and requires more precision timing. Frankly, I think this game is both more fun and challenging than Outland. And how is it bad to support a separate freemium app? Is it better screw over paid customers by changing it to free with ads.

Just mystified at this comment on an app I consider to be an iOS classic. Your loss.