★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-21-2016, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbs View Post
For someone that's never played this series at all. How does this compare to RC3? And what is the definitive version?
RCT 3 was considered to be a faithful update of the original, although 1 and 2 are widely considered to be the definitive version(s). Younger audiences may prefer 3 due to the updated graphics, however.
12-21-2016, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizisi2k View Post
Just spent $5.99 on the base game. Cannot find the IAP option for expansions so it may lead into that or I just flat out missed it. The scenarios are categorized into colors from left to right probably based on difficulty. Real estate makes it kind of small on a iphone 6s+ but in Dynamite Dunes, you have access to what I believe are RCT 2 track styles (that or you do and they forgot to limit the research to just RC1 tracks.
I believe the $5.99 base includes the expansions for the first game as well as the base for second.
For buying handymen/mechanics, you have to put on the ground then setup patrols. Third time I bought RCT 1 and expansions and I believe the second for RCT2 as that is included. Missed it. Not listed is a scenario editor for the price of the game. Allows for importing most saved parks and scenarios made with RCT2 on PC.
Tap the "+" in the lower right corner to access IAPs

12-21-2016, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisububi View Post
Tap the "+" in the lower right corner to access IAPs
Yeah. I found that after your quote. There is a scenario editor for $5.99 that also allows for importing tracks/scenarios/(maybe) saves for the pre built scenarios. Have not tested it for importing. The game is probably BEST experienced on a big ipad due to the sizes of windows. Missing from the merry go round is an option to change the music at the start, something you could do in RCT 1 if you owned the expansions
12-21-2016, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizisi2k View Post
Yeah. I found that after your quote. There is a scenario editor for $5.99 that also allows for importing tracks/scenarios/(maybe) saves for the pre built scenarios. Have not tested it for importing. The game is probably BEST experienced on a big ipad due to the sizes of windows. Missing from the merry go round is an option to change the music at the start, something you could do in RCT 1 if you owned the expansions
Yeah, desktop to mobile conversions are always a bit cramped on a phone. Nice catch on the carousel music. Since the original was written in machine language, I'm guessing they didn't have the code to peek at. I wonder what else is missing...
12-21-2016, 09:37 PM
And for others wondering... it supports Icloud Sync...
So I can play on iphone and Ipad pro...
Love it..

Expansions look great too..
There goes my life again.... I spent 100's of hours in the past on these suckers..
12-21-2016, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisububi View Post
Yeah, desktop to mobile conversions are always a bit cramped on a phone. Nice catch on the carousel music. Since the original was written in machine language, I'm guessing they didn't have the code to peek at. I wonder what else is missing...
One thing I have noticed in two scenarios is I cannot change the entry price for the park-there is no option. The music track selection is only missing on the carousel from what I can see.
12-21-2016, 10:48 PM
I played the original RCT when it first released. I spent many many many hours playing through and completing every single scenario and loved every minute of it. (And the expansions)

A few tips for new players:

- Always build benches near your roller coaster exits. Riders who get off a ride feeling sick will sit down and rest to keep from vomiting. It helps keep your park cleaner.

- Roller coasters with high excitement ratings are a better value to guests. If you are having trouble making your coaster exciting, try adding trees and scenery close to the coaster. It gives riders a feeling of speed and will increase your coasters ratings. You can make a 'medium' excitement rating change to 'high' just by adding simple scenery.

- Intertwined coasters and rides will add higher excitement ratings to both.

- Don't be afraid to push high prices on exciting rides initially. When attendance starts to wane for those rides, just lower the price a little and guests will start to see a better value for the ride. More guests will start riding.

- Always have mechanics, security, and handymen patrolling specific routes in your park. Spreading them out will help control litter and vandalism. If a guest vandalizes your park you will have to spend money replacing broken items.

- Create paths that encourage your guests to venture deeper into your park. Add entrances and exits for rides in such a way that your guests will exit on a completely different path that leads to another section of the park, but with a shortcut back to the rides entrance.

- place smaller exciting rides near bigger exciting rides. It encourages guests to try attractions they may not usually ride.

- As your park grows, spend money on advertising and marketing. This brings in guests and revenue.

- If you want more specific types of rides to be introduced into your build menus, just tick off the ride types you do and don't want in the research menu.

- If guests are not interested in a ride, look through their thoughts and see why.

- Some coaster types can be built small and short in length and still be rated as exciting with high revenue.

- The information kiosk is good for selling maps and umbrellas for inclement weather.

- Keep an eye on all your rides' reliability. If a coaster crashes it will kill guests and cause guests to exit your park. Fixing a coaster that has crashed will not automatically make it safe for guests... most guests will avoid the ride afterwards and comment that the ride is unsafe. Most times it's easier to just redesign a crashed coaster and take a loss on the old design. Always test your coasters before opening them up to the public.

Have fun!!!
12-22-2016, 01:24 AM
Hmm... Guess the Icloud saves don't work with the iphone and ipad together.....
Don't finding any saves, or i am missing something.
the Sync is checked in the game..
12-22-2016, 02:42 AM
Wow. Mario and now the original Rollercoaster Tycoon on iOS! So happy I asked for a 128gb 6S for my birthday. Also grabbed Mini Metro, Octodad and Card Crawl for a buck each. What a great week. Kind of irrelevant for this thread but still, amazing.
12-22-2016, 03:08 AM
iCloud syncing is only for the progression of the scenarios, i.e. those you've completed or not, not your progress within a scenario or save game.