★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-11-2017, 07:24 PM
#11
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Wellington
Posts: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief78 View Post
Glad to see the dev active in the thread. I'm really enjoying this but the IAPs are just too much. If there was a $10 option to buy out the timers and automatically get 2 bags to open when redeeming rewards, and maybe also throw that shotgun - that is $10 by itself - in, then I would believe my money was well spent. But not $10 monthly memberships and gold boosts and real $$ for a gun and the such.....just my 2 cents but I would like some way to support this game, just not with what's offered atm.
We can appreciate some will find the IAP not worth it. But don't worry about supporting us. Just playing the game and having fun is support enough. If you manage to watch a few rewarded videos along the way, that would be appreciated.


Quote:
Originally Posted by batmania View Post
How exactly does the vip work. Can I play survival events without tickets? Can I play as much as I want if Im vip? I want to know this before I purchase it, because if you cant then I dont feel its worth it.
You do get free tickets to play the Survival Events. They are more or less a separate energy system. So with the VIP you can play the event as much as you want when ever you want.
10-11-2017, 07:37 PM
#12
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikPok View Post
You do get free tickets to play the Survival Events. They are more or less a separate energy system. So with the VIP you can play the event as much as you want when ever you want.
Awesome, thanks!

10-11-2017, 08:07 PM
#13
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 12
It has a story now!

I loved the first game for the atmosphere but lose interest after a while because it is basically like an endless runner.

I am a writer and i so appreciate story telling in any medium. Much to my surprise that this game finally has a narrative. A good story equals purpose to play for me so this good.

Will post more once i play longer into this game.
10-11-2017, 08:34 PM
#14
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Wellington
Posts: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Zephyr View Post
I loved the first game for the atmosphere but lose interest after a while because it is basically like an endless runner.

I am a writer and i so appreciate story telling in any medium. Much to my surprise that this game finally has a narrative. A good story equals purpose to play for me so this good.

Will post more once i play longer into this game.
We'd definitely appreciate your feedback on the story and our approach to telling it. Hope you enjoy it.
10-12-2017, 12:20 AM
#15
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 6
N/a ...
10-12-2017, 08:10 AM
#16
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikPok View Post
We can appreciate some will find the IAP not worth it. But don't worry about supporting us. Just playing the game and having fun is support enough. If you manage to watch a few rewarded videos along the way, that would be appreciated.
This may be one of the coolest replies by a dev ever! Just wanted to point that out. Thanks for the game, I'm loving it so far, especially since I can play this during my commute. No online required!!! Graphics are awesome and and you had me ducking for cover, LOL.

One question, will there ever be a Breakneck 2? Still loving that one as well
10-12-2017, 08:18 AM
#17
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,743
Loved the original and now this kinda has a story it really improves it. The game looks great and plays really well. Feels far better as it now has the story. Watched a few videos to help you and Ill buy an IAP for sure as Im loving this game.
10-12-2017, 10:11 AM
#18
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 388
So I could play the first one as long as I wanted, now I see that they bought into the "insert another quarter" to continue model.

Right now Im forced into a long tutorial spanning many missions...

my question is, its there just a arcade mode that opens later that doesnt require energy??

And a monthly subscription for infinite energy at $9.99????

World Of Warcraft was 14.99 a month.

If there was an IAP for removing energy sure.....
10-12-2017, 01:18 PM
#19
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Wellington
Posts: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerlump View Post
So I could play the first one as long as I wanted, now I see that they bought into the "insert another quarter" to continue model.

Right now Im forced into a long tutorial spanning many missions...

my question is, its there just a arcade mode that opens later that doesnt require energy??

And a monthly subscription for infinite energy at $9.99????

World Of Warcraft was 14.99 a month.

If there was an IAP for removing energy sure.....
There is a daily mode that opens up within the first chapter which you can play without limitation.

Outside of that, you can obtain all the weapons and play through the whole story campaign, the daily mode, and the survival mode without ever having to pay for an IAP or even watch an ad. In other words, you can play the whole game for free if you want to, and are welcome to do so.
10-12-2017, 01:37 PM
#20
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 3,985
You know I played the first and liked it a bit but never really sank any time into the game so I may give this a download and a proper try.

IAP doesn't really bother me but I'll only buy any I feel has value to me and is worth it. Timers don't even bother me since these days I play in short bursts anyway with many games since I have work and consoles anyway.