★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Can you g_ess whats missing?
C_mpl_t_.

· · ·

125 handcrafted pixel puzzles.

Boardumb's comments:

10-12-2017, 12:48 PM
I haven't had time to play this yet, but as it's from Kamibox (the fellow that gave us Sometimes You Die, Zip—Zap and Cyro as well as others) it's bound to be worth a download.

10-12-2017, 01:55 PM
Had to try this game as it is from Kamibox, his best game is still Cyro, hope he makes a sequel of this gem, this game is very different but fun it is.

Really loved those colors he used in Cyro, as a color fanatic those were very atractive.
10-12-2017, 06:11 PM
It's a lot of fun. Same look and feel as the rest of his stuff and it doesn't feel like it will tire as quickly.
10-13-2017, 12:46 AM
Anyone know what the IAP is for this game?
10-13-2017, 01:33 AM
Thanks all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
Anyone know what the IAP is for this game?
It is removing the ads, I had to disable it temporarily as some people had problems with it, but it has been fixed now.
10-13-2017, 01:51 AM
This is quite a clever game concept. I have one reservation, however.

My reservation is the specificity (or lack of) of these shapes. Since the solution relies on the player recognizing NOT ONLY the object in question BUT ALSO the parts that are missing, how specific are the solutions? For example, I can easily imagine a situation in which some "trivial" detail of a particular object is somehow deemed necessary for the solution of the puzzle. Likewise, I can easily imagine that the solution has a specific object in mind but that another object which is equally valid otherwise can be formed. How do how address this issue? Perhaps there should be an indicator of how many tiles are needed to complete the solution. This will give the player some idea of how much detail is currently missing. The proverb "we see what we want to see" aptly describes both the strength and potential weakness of this game.

Last edited by y2kmp3; 10-13-2017 at 01:54 AM.
10-13-2017, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamibox View Post
Thanks all!

It is removing the ads, I had to disable it temporarily as some people had problems with it, but it has been fixed now.
Updated and still cant see it
10-13-2017, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
This is quite a clever game concept. I have one reservation, however.

My reservation is the specificity (or lack of) of these shapes. Since the solution relies on the player recognizing NOT ONLY the object in question BUT ALSO the parts that are missing, how specific are the solutions? For example, I can easily imagine a situation in which some "trivial" detail of a particular object is somehow deemed necessary for the solution of the puzzle. Likewise, I can easily imagine that the solution has a specific object in mind but that another object which is equally valid otherwise can be formed. How do how address this issue? Perhaps there should be an indicator of how many tiles are needed to complete the solution. This will give the player some idea of how much detail is currently missing. The proverb "we see what we want to see" aptly describes both the strength and potential weakness of this game.
Very good point, there are things that have more than one potential shape, for example the tail of a cat. I am trying to use objects that have a clear shape, for example, when I use a cat, I hide the ear, and every cat should have their ear at the same place, hopefully. Or I use symmetry, or any other way to prevent wild guessing. The point should be recognizing the objects, not guessing how I interpret it. I have tested this one more than my other games, to make sure the solutions aren’t my own way of looking at the object.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke12 View Post
Updated and still cant see it
That is strange, it should be in the pause menu. I have to make a few tests with other phones then, maybe it takes a while to process depending on the country.
10-13-2017, 11:06 AM
I'm kind of liking this but I'm not sure yet.
I love the style it looks good and feels good - and I like the price model, but my only reluctance is that so far I either get it immediately, (and I do think when you know what things are they're well represented and it's recognisable what's missing) or I just can't see it at all and either randomly press stuff until it clicks or I use a hint.

Also I'm slightly confused by the hints system - it seemed to tell me two different solutions on two goes. I basically got stuck on a slice of pizza and couldn't for the life of me see it, and kept having to use hints because I just couldn't work out what they were telling me. I do accept this may be down to my stupidity though.

I'm persevering though, I really like the art style and want to love the game too.