Modern Combat 4

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by elisha11230, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    I hope its UE3. Wild blood is amazing and i can't imagine how great a higher budget game like MC4 will look .

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Wild blood also drops its framerate every other minute.

3. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    It kinda sucks how Apple didn't update the ipod touch last year. It basically means shitty specs for 12 months till the new one comes out. The iPhone has always been it's elder brother.

4. elisha11230

elisha11230 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
  5. XtrEmEiLLuSioN

Jul 21, 2012
    Singapore
    It's fake. These images are from Battlefield 2.

6. elisha11230

Oct 23, 2011
    It doesnt look like battlefield 2 to me.

7. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Would you link me the pictures, to Battlefield 2 then? I am pretty sure this is legit form gamelfot because in the last picture they decided to piss us of again with the mysterious Fall 2012.

8. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    These look real, the graphics aren't much, if at all, better than mc3 and it's similar style of graphics and way he holds the gun

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Graphics aren't much better? What're you smokin'?

10. AlexsIpad

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Well they aren't really are they? Oh and by the way they are pretty much definately real, the glove in the second to last picture is exactly the same as in mc3, unless someone photoshopped the gloves in :S (unlikely)

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    The poly count on that gun is sky high better than those of mc3.
    Realtime shadows and dynamic lighting are HUGE graphical advances.
    The lighting overall just looks superior
    Look at that explosion
    Look at the character model for the ncp teamate. It's a low res pic, but the model looks great

12. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Remember that the quality of those screenshots suck. But I don't care about graphics. I only want one thing: 0 HACKERS!!!!! Well and balanced gameplay without OP guns.

13. AlexsIpad

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Yeh well they are going to get better obviously, but theyre not exactly next gen, minimal upgrades, who cares about graphics, more just that mc4 is coming out!!!!

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Mc4 will be mc3 with better graphics, different campaign and tweaked gameplay. Gameloft discovered the winning formula for shooters just like activision did and they aren't going to add any major gameplay differences. All I'm looking forward to are improved graphics and tweaked gameplay, hopefully more balanced. By tweaks I mean more and different killstreaks, that sort of thing nothing revolutionary that mc3 was compared with mc2. I'm also hoping for a decent campaign at least on the level of nova 3's.

15. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #95 Rip73, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
    Come on, you can't really believe those are real screenshots?
    The game allegedly unofficially announced (by something called iloveiphone allegedly at the Tokyo Game Show) and not one other single news source has picked up on it other than the blog they were posted on and a couple of you tube videos from the bloggers.
    Realtme shadows on everything, massive poly counts for a mobile device, high quality dynamic lighting. It's obviously a console game. It certainly has a Battlefield look about it.
    And the most damning evidence. It's called "Modern" Combat not Future Combat. Do those helicopters on the first picture look modern? Or that they are at least comtempory? They look like they are from Avatar.
    The tank in the second picture isn't contempory or modern either.
    And if the tanks and helicopter have a futuristic look, why does the ak47 look just like a modern ak and not like some futuristic weapon?
    Why would they use the same arm and glove from MC3, as someone posted, in it as we'll if they've made such huge graphical leaps forward.?
    There is too much wrong with the shots for them to be right.
    Anyway, mainstream iOS gaming websites would be all over it like white on rice if the source or the info was viable.

16. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Sorry. I'd like to be wrong myself because this and RR3 are my two must haves soon.
    It just doesn't add up to true unfortunately.
    The actual MC4 is being beta tested at the moment so I'm sure we will get some indication of it once that's done with.

17. elisha11230

Oct 23, 2011

tokyo game show is a pretty big deal (in tokyo that is) and this year they featured smartphones and tablets,

and here are 2 more sources
    http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20120922_561583.html
    http://app.famitsu.com/20120921_94058/

hers a quote from the first source (Translated from japanese)
    "From Gameloft, Mr. Yoshie Inaba of publicity on stage. I made it clear that it will be delivered this autumn's new app FPS "Modern Combat" series of the company "Modern Combat" 4. Have not been disclosed yet more information about the content of the game, a screen shot of high-quality graphics that supports widescreen iPhone 5 was introduced.

Since its launch in 2009, "Modern Combat" series, that you recorded a total of 6.3 million downloads. And at this stage only the latest installment of "Modern Combat 3" In addition, I have also revealed that it's popular that 1.5 million unique users per month. "Modern Combat 3" Incidentally, being sold for $ 85 in the current campaign price."

18. elisha11230

Oct 23, 2011
    higher quality screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #99 JBRUU, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
    As for the "graphics are too good to be true" arguement, honestly this doesn't look amazingly better than NOVA 3. Poly count looks a little better, the only real advances are the lighting. I'd buy that running on an a5 device.

As for the identical hand, well, I don't really know what to make of it. Either it's darn good photoshopping or Gameloft decided that the hand looks good enough for their next game (which it does IMO).

The helicopters...yes they do look like avatar, they actually give me a black ops 2 vibe. But no console shooter I know of has helicopters like that, and honestly since when did Gameloft care about setting a proper atmosphere? So there's another point for, point against.

I don't really know what to think. I certainly could see this running on an idevice (come on, could you imagine TDKR 1 year ago when Backstab came out?).

Edit: and those links look legit. Someone certainly took a lot of time writing them up if its a fake.

20. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    I don't really think that the pics look fake, after all I Remeber when MC3 was being rumored to come out and a screenshot was released. Everybody was saying how the graphics were way too good, but look how they are now. After all MC3 had a major leap in graphics compared to MC2, so who is to say that MC4 won't be the same way.