Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-25-2014, 07:19 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Default New Game Plus

Hey All,

I'm nearing the end of my first play through and though I'm disappointed in the overall length of the campaign, I have immensely enjoyed the game. Without reading through dozens of pages on the forum, can anyone confirm if there is a new game+ option once the campaign is completed?

Thanks in advance!

*Note* I am certainly not "complaining" about the game length, just disappointed. I only purchase games with a price tag and am more then satisfied with 10+ hours of entertainment for the $4.99 I paid. Where else can you go and get an hour's worth of entertainment for 50 cents?
Old 10-25-2014, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lickzy View Post
Hey All,

I'm nearing the end of my first play through and though I'm disappointed in the overall length of the campaign, I have immensely enjoyed the game. Without reading through dozens of pages on the forum, can anyone confirm if there is a new game+ option once the campaign is completed?

Thanks in advance!

*Note* I am certainly not "complaining" about the game length, just disappointed. I only purchase games with a price tag and am more then satisfied with 10+ hours of entertainment for the $4.99 I paid. Where else can you go and get an hour's worth of entertainment for 50 cents?
As I recall, no new game +.
I did do a second playthrough and used a different character build though.
Seems more satisfying than playing through again as the same character.
You chose a good time to complete it. Shadowrun: Dragonfall should be launching "soon". It was originally slated for October. Moved to November now.
There won't be a character export as they are two separate apps and the stories are not really Inter-connected.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:25 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Finished this today using an adept with heal.

Gonna try out being a pistol-slinging cyborg next.

ONE OF THE BEST GAMES AVAILABLE ON iOS. Mechanics (Shadowrun, duh), visuals, gameplay, controls, length, plot twists, and a crap-ton of replayability.

I think it's still on sale, so get it if you havent.

And im ready for the next expansion. It seems Dragonfall will be added into the existing app... Maybe through IAP? There's a campaign list in the app, so that may be what'll happen. Im cool with it too if it was a separate app.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:22 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Nice! I always play Mage in RPG's so that's what I ran the game with.. a Mage / Shaman to be exact. Definitely lots of replayability with the diff. characters you can create for Shadowrun. Hopefully they release the expansion already and the user-based content next.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:35 PM

"Harebrained Schemes We're submitted to Apple so we're at their mercy at this point but it should be soon!
about an hour ago" HBS FaceBook Re: Dragonfall for iOS.
Old 11-08-2014, 02:31 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Dammit, between Icewind Dale and that now coming, I need to start clearing out some games on the ole iPad!
Old 11-08-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bool Zero View Post
Dammit, between Icewind Dale and that now coming, I need to start clearing out some games on the ole iPad!
Yeah. I don't use the iPad for games too much. I had to decide if I could finish icewind dale before this came out, don't think I could install both at once.
Old 11-08-2014, 10:50 AM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

How is this compared to the pc version?
Old 11-08-2014, 11:07 AM

Strange that the iOS version is tablet only, since the android version isn't tablet only.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mid83 View Post
How is this compared to the pc version?
It's missing the user developed content and the editor that allows people to create content.
What there is, the main campaign and soon to be added DragonFall expansion, is the same as PC. If you have a PC that you use for games or could run this, I'd suggest that instead.
I prefer the functionality of the iPad version. I'm not bringing my computer everywhere I go. I can use the iPad from hotel rooms, on airplanes, in work camps, wherever really.

Edit: HBS confirmed that Dragonfall will be releasing as a separate App.

Last edited by Nobunaga; 11-10-2014 at 12:56 AM..