Ignite for iPhone and iPod Touch

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Pat Glynn, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Pat Glynn, Apr 12, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
    We have submitted to Apple and should be on the appstore later this week.

Apologies for the camera quality.
    http://www.monstergila.com
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We thought the video was important because a image cannot show how fluid the gameplay is.

Game Description:

The evil Water Warlords have invaded the tranquil Fire society and you are the only hope! Take on the role of Iggy the Flameboy as he brings revenge to his soggy oppressors. Along the way you will face puzzling challenges, unyielding enemies, and epic boss battles!

Ignite is a fast-paced platformer style game which will test your precision and timing. Explore three beautifully rendered environments by leaping from platform to platform. But be careful! If you don't frequently light new fires you will slowly burn out. Some platforms will burn up beneath you, so keep moving! Defeat the three Water Warlords to insure the safety of your people!

Features:

- Over 30 challenging levels

- Realistic real-time rendered flame effects

- Dynamic lighting effects

- 3 stunning environments

- Engaging full stereo musical score and sound system

- Easy to use controls

2. nake

nake Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Nice

Goodjob!

3. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    a must buy for me :)

4. Clymos

Clymos Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Wow that sounds cool I will watch for it's release.

5. Ph4ntom4

Ph4ntom4 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    That looks incredibly awesome fantastic.

6. radchad1

radchad1 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Accountant
    Lake Zurich, Illinois
    Hell Pat,

Welcome to the forums at toucharcade. Just wondering how big the game will be to download. Just wondering if I will need to be at a wifi spot to get what appears to be an awesome looking game.

Thanks

7. Thanks for the positive response everyone :)

We tried to fit the game under the limit but the png images alone were over 10mb. so unfortunatly you will need to be in a wifi spot.

The final size is under 30mb i believe. i will edit this post later with exact

8. Clymos

Clymos Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    I am almost always in a WiFi zone anyways so it is not a problem :)

9. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    i send you a pm pat ;)

10. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

Looks nice! Thanks for posting this! I would love to see some more screenshots here of some action. I know I can check the website but its nice to get the teasers here at TA :)

11. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Interesting concept. Looks great. :)

12. jFND

jFND Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    I registered on this site just to comment on this game. I've been lurking around TA for a while now, but never took the time to actually register.

With that said, this game looks absolutely brilliant.

13. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Do you have a price point for this yet, I'm thinking about picking this up when it comes out.

14. Hondune

Hondune Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Cool concept! The controls look like a great fit for the platform! And of course the graphics look fantastic!

15. dmbfan1192

dmbfan1192 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
    The gameplay looks ok but the music is epic!

16. nuggetsman28

nuggetsman28 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
  17. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Looks awesome. Could you include an option to remove the buttons in the corners? Seeing as there are only two buttons, I think everyone could remember where they are.

18. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #18 arta, Apr 13, 2009
    Why'd you go with indirect rather than direct platforming controls? Graphics look insane.

Are you guys planning on making other games with these level of graphics?

19. #19 Pat Glynn, Apr 13, 2009
    Thank you, we're happy to hear!

Our release price will be at 2.99

Thanks, all the art was done by Jason Pierce. Is all original and rendered from 3d models he created and animated in blender. Jason is really a amazing artist. If you'd like to check out some of his other work (shorts, renders) http://jasonpierce.animadillo.com/

if you touch anything besides the buttons you can look around the level which is handy when you have to fall down. but all the touch targets in the game are over sized to ensure ease of touch. Removing the graphics shouldnt be too hard to add in as option in a future update. So we will look into it for ya :)

I'm glad you like, most of the soundtrack is similar. lots of epic, dark, and action moods.

As in having a button for jump and analog target for moving? We find the movement system in ignite to add some precision to the game. It makes the user think about timing and calculated risk. The burning platforms and flammability health also add a element of being forced to continue which adds a feeling of action. I feel like the jump system serves good as a easy way to interact with the game and you'll never really feel cheated by the system as it responds well to what you send it by how you move your thumbs.

Originally we didn't have any buttons to jump, you would just touch anywhere on the screen. we wanted people to use their thumbs as that seems to be the best method to play and not get that jump in input when you release. putting the buttons in the corner lessens the chance of a finger or thumb obstructing flameboy also.

This is our first game and hopefully it will allow us to continue making more :). We are both formerly employed game programmers. Starting our own projects is a breath of fresh air, but hard not having a income. So long as we are able to come out with enough profit to be able to pay ourselves and make a living, we will continue to make games. Ignite in all didn't cost very much to make because we did all art and the engine in house. But game making is really what we enjoy doing most, so would be a dream to be in that position. Our engine is pretty solid and will allow us to do quality games in a short amount of time now that it is established.

Jason will be getting a account here soon and he can answer more art and design questions. Just with Easter being today will probably be tomorrow :)

Thanks again everyone, really great to hear all this positive feedback.

20. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    Looks great.