Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-16-2014, 10:47 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcredonk View Post
Okay so far it's pretty enjoyable, and I like the chip tune music. The mechanics seem pretty cool and simple, kind of a hard instant retry mini game like the stuff that's been coming out recently.

I'd say there are only a few drawbacks, I keep having rocks spawn right on top of me, I don't like that broken rock halves still do damage, and I can't tell if holding jump makes you stay up longer or if there is only one jump height/length.

I like that the rocks break rather than you breaking them and they seem to have different numbers of bounces. Health spawns at a pretty regular rate which is nice.

I'd really like random backgrounds or something like that, like when flappy bird implemented the random bird colors and night / day maps.

All in all a cool little game, thanks!
Thanks for playing the game and for the feedback. Working on Random BG's now and I will look into all other suggestions.

464TYLR3AM3T
XRTEA39TTY4N
9TJ7J9KPKFWJ
R9XK797X747F
EL74JF6R9KXF
LK449TYEJH6T
F77HHFMXJA4H
F3X4FXPM47Y7
N746WNPATNWE
K4MXNLFAXXJL
9TA7W9KEJEJP
K9F769XXA77R
Y3FT47RR6FY9
6LF96MFKKHYM
HJFETYNKL77Y
Old 05-12-2014, 12:38 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

So far, I like the game. I understand that it's a bit retro (Hence the name) but for me, I think of it more along the lines of a 'Funky Modern Bit Jump.'
It's definitely one of those games that makes me want to keep playing. Like a bag of potato chips. You can't eat just one. Or, 'Retro Rogue, you can't play just once.'
Seriously, I open the game and get out and then I have to try one more time! LOL

The sound has a bit of a twang to it. Not enough to stop playing though. I would love to see the ability to play my own music be implemented.
Also, I'm not sure on the scoring system. I mean, is it the red apple, or all fruits that give you more hearts? If so, do they appear only after getting a certain amount of the other items, or is it random? If it's not random, I think it would be fun to have the information on top. IE: how many diamonds you have. Or other items. How many do you need to be able to get a heart...... I believe it would be more fun, because the player might take extra risk to go for that one more item to have the heart item show up.

Overall, it's a fun & frustrating time waster.
Thanks again for the code!
Old 05-12-2014, 04:29 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
So far, I like the game. I understand that it's a bit retro (Hence the name) but for me, I think of it more along the lines of a 'Funky Modern Bit Jump.'
It's definitely one of those games that makes me want to keep playing. Like a bag of potato chips. You can't eat just one. Or, 'Retro Rogue, you can't play just once.'
Seriously, I open the game and get out and then I have to try one more time! LOL

The sound has a bit of a twang to it. Not enough to stop playing though. I would love to see the ability to play my own music be implemented.
Also, I'm not sure on the scoring system. I mean, is it the red apple, or all fruits that give you more hearts? If so, do they appear only after getting a certain amount of the other items, or is it random? If it's not random, I think it would be fun to have the information on top. IE: how many diamonds you have. Or other items. How many do you need to be able to get a heart...... I believe it would be more fun, because the player might take extra risk to go for that one more item to have the heart item show up.

Overall, it's a fun & frustrating time waster.
Thanks again for the code!

Thanks for the comments.

1-Any fruit that you grab will give you an extra life, three hearts is the max you can have at any one time.

2-Fruit is random.

3-At 10,000 the game difficulty increases, items are worth more points and new items are introduced.

I am still planning on adding BG's but when a game makes $5 it is difficult to find the time to support it.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:15 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Thanks for the comments.

1-Any fruit that you grab will give you an extra life, three hearts is the max you can have at any one time.

2-Fruit is random.

3-At 10,000 the game difficulty increases, items are worth more points and new items are introduced.

I am still planning on adding BG's but when a game makes $5 it is difficult to find the time to support it.
Thanks for answering. I completely understand. I'm not a developer. Thought I might try some day, butt making a game & working elsewhere has got to be tough. Even tougher to pay for and achieve marketing. Not to convincing for me
I wish you all the luck and popularity in the world. And; I'll mention your game wherever I can.