Remote app

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by saansilt, Jun 22, 2013.

1. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    #1 saansilt, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
    Dudes quick question.
    Is there a remote control app, like for tv, and the ps3?
    I guess its related to gaming in that sense.

2. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yes, there's a slew of 'em, type tv remote in the App Store and they'll come up, though I can't vouch how well any of them works. Also, I know for the Android there's ones that can open and lock your car as well as actually start your car for you remotely from your phone app, but I'm not sure how well they work, either, but check it out! There's an app for everything, right? :D

3. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Thanks rand.

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    For the most part, you won't find good remote apps simply because there's no way for them to work with older televisions. If iPhones had a infra-red port, then there would be plenty of apps, but as it is you need a special attachment (which you actually CAN buy).

I've heard of new TVs with built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interfaces that can connect to iThings, but unless you have one of those models I seriously doubt you'd find anything useful.

5. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    My LG does have wifi and LG have a few different official remotes for their TVs and other electronics on the AppStore. Mine isn't supported tho, it's a 2010 model and their TV remote apps only supports models from 2011 and up it seems. But I'm guessing all the other brands also have remote apps etc for their TVs and other stuff.

I got a XBMC media center hooked up and there's a few really great remotes for that on the AppStore. And probably for other media centers too. About the ps3, Microsoft got their Glass controller app for the Xbox so maybe Sony got something similar?