What is closest game to Diablo for iPad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by memphis12, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Leothwyn

Leothwyn Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Underworlds reminded me a lot of Diablo 1. The graphics aren't the greatest, but I enjoyed it.

2. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Aurum blade Is a KRPG that really resembles Diablo. It's freemium but done right, I spent 2 bucks iirc to get auto loot and more inventory but they weren't necessary at all.

3. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Dungeon hunter 2 is the definitive diablo-like on ios, hands down. It would have been DH4 but they ruined it with freemium garbage and paid potions. Iesabel is brand new and a very good contender for the throne, might lack the gameloft polish and the multiplayer is impossible to use for jump in, jump out style (someones has to open a server and you have to use a password etc.).

On my hunt for these type of games I also loved Pocket Rpg, its a twin stick cartoony game but man the gameplay is crisp and satisfying.

Iv yet to find a good true crawler with actual online multiplayer that easily lets me jump into a game w others and jump out, has loot, bosses, skills etc.

4. mirswith

mirswith New Member

Nov 1, 2013
    I agree the Dungeon Hunter series has been pretty good, 4 is actually pretty fun if but the blatant obviousness of them asking for money every other screen is a bit much. If however you can overlook that then its pretty good.

If you have a PC then you could also stream Diablo III directly to your iPad using Remoticus. This works surprisingly well but does limit you to having a descent Internet connection if your away from home.

5. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Not sure if Iesabel was mentioned but it is a solid Diablo substitute. It's a bit rough around the edges but aren't we all

6. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Isabel is very much diablo like, assuming it runs well for you which according to the reviews, it isn't for many.

7. xboxmandude

xboxmandude Active Member

May 24, 2013
    Dungeon hunter 2?
    I'm not really sure about the others...
    I think dungeon hunter 2 is the most like diablo

8. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    I actually just came to post this. Though, I like the graphics.

Also, +1 for Dungeon Hunter 2 and Orc: Vengeance.

9. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    It feels like this question may never be answered. I have almost bought Iesabel on several occasions, but I am wary. DH2 almost got it all right, but it felt a little too thin to keep me interested.

Where is our port of Titan's Quest?! ;)

Oh, did anyone mention Pocket RPG? It is a LOT more arcade action than RPG, but it has a lot of meat on the bone.

10. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Battleheart Legacy looks like the answer to this question. I wish I hadn't watched that trailer, it is going to be a painful wait.

11. Crazyannax

Crazyannax New Member

Jan 26, 2014
    UK
    Great suggestions I'll have to check them out. I recently purchased eternity warriors 3 for my iPhone and finding it a little difficult to get into it on the phone may have to stick to the iPad.

12. deano13

deano13 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    England
    I'm still searching, closest iv come to is KingsRoad

13. guillegt

guillegt New Member

Feb 8, 2017

2017 any updates on the games?

give me some titles ppl!! hehe

thanks

14. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Titan Quest is your best bet, I think.

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Plus one to that!

16. Mariko

Mariko Well-Known Member

May 19, 2016
    I'd definitely suggest Ember.

17. guillegt

guillegt New Member

Feb 8, 2017
    thanks for the answer,

seems a bit bad graphics for my taste though... hows the multiplayer experience and pvp experience?

thanks

18. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Hmmm, with the graphics, it's a 10-year-old game ported to iOS, so yes, it's not quite a stunning Unreal experience. For iOS standards, though, it seems pretty decent. And given that Diablo itself is 10 years older again, it's a step up, right? ^_^

Er, and you won't like the multiplayer experience or PVP experience very much, either, I'm afraid. It's very much a solo campaign.

For alternatives, there's Exiled Kingdoms, which got a good write-up on TA. Again, it's a one-player game, but it's free to try, with an IAP to unlock the full game, so might be worth a look for you.

19. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #39 Montanx, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    There is none. All that people are suggesting are absolutely nothing like diablo or path of exile in the slightest.

Titan quest is, and it's the closest your gonna get and it's awesome, I highly reccomend it. But it's not multiplayer. It's a major hole in iOS gaming that has yet to be filled. Devs are too worried about making it "easy to play a level or two real quick!" So we get these grindy, fake arpg, two screens of enemies and a boss trash clones by the thousand.

20. Mariko

Mariko Well-Known Member

May 19, 2016
    Ember is nothing at all like me that. It's not a F2P grindy RPG (I've grabbed damn near every RPG in the store to try). It's an excellent premium RPG. I rank it up there with Titan Quest.